Sunday, July 24, 2011

Baby Martin

Well, 2 weeks into marriage I'm proud to announce that Ryan & I have a new addition to the family. Meet Lola Lane Martin:


Those of you who know me well know that my life aspiration, aside from being a tattoo artist, was to own a puppy. I love dogs. I used to joke when I was in college that as soon as I graduated my shopping list would be as follows: 1. couch, 2. puppy. Once out of school I discovered that my love of HH's conflicted with being a single parent to a puppy. Enter: marriage and having another puppy helper... er... life-long partner. So, now here I am a newlywed with a puppy... and no couch. That will come, right? ;c)

On Thursday July 21st after work Ryan and I drove out to Crosby with some grand plans to "just look" at 4 female puppies left from a litter of 13. On our drive over we decided that IF we somehow wound up picking one we wouldn't pick her up until Saturday or Sunday because I was headed to Dallas for Melissa's shower. Well, 1.5 hours later we were en route back to Katy with an 8 week old puppy in my lap. It appears that making a plan and sticking to it is not one of our strong suits. Could you resist that face though?

This precious little nugget is a mastiff. Her mama, Bella, is an English Mastiff and her papa, Popeye, is a Bull Mastiff. For those of you unfamliar with Mastiffs, Hercules from the Sandlot is an English Mastiff. (Earmuffs Lola) She's going to be a BIG girl.

Thus far she's a giant sweetheart. She loves sleeping, shoes and is not a fan of the heat outside. Could she fit in better? I don't think so. Come by and watch her sleep whenever you want. :c) Without further ado, I'll post some pics because I know she's going to grow like a weed.



Bella, Lola's Mom



Popeye, Lola's Dad


First night at home

Pretending to be interested in a toy


If ever she entered a pageant, sleeping would be her talent.


Sweet, sweet puppy


WHAT did I do to deserve this leash?


Should you wake up when you meet people?

3 comments:

  1. Thus far... Lola is my favorite Martin. JUUUSSTTT KIDDING! The pics don't do justice. She's cuter in real life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOLA LANE! <3

    I can't wait for a play date! She is so prettty. and I am jealous you got yourself a sleeper. Are you sure you dont want to trade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably my husband's dream dog. She is so cute, just like her Human Mama:)

    ReplyDelete