Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"You're Not Gonna Eat My Candy!"

This Halloween Ryan was kind enough to switch shifts with one of his co-workers who has children so that he wouldn't have to miss taking them trick or treating.  That left me and the Lolers on our own.  Tiffany and Ryan's parents were sweet and invited me over to help them take Kylie trick or treating.  Kylie is quickly approaching 2 1/2 which is SUCH a fun, interactive age.  I would venture to say it was the first year that she was able to pretty actively participate in the festivities.  Plus, let's not lie- I love any opportunity to hang out with that little toot... so I gladly accepted.

Little Miss was Elmo during the day at school.  I didn't get to see that costume in person, but you know I'm not above hi-jacking a picture from Tiffany and posting it here anyway.  :c)


Tickle-me-Elmo has nothing on Kylie.


After school Tiffany & Kylie ran home to do a costume change, as any great diva would.  She transformed into a cat.  More familiarly known to those in Kylie's inner-circle as a meow-meow.  Ryan & Tiffany's grandpa's wife, Nancy, and Nancy's daughter handmade the costume.  As you can see below, it was absolutely precious.  Kylie particularly enjoyed letting us all know she had a tail.


 Another Princess Whiskerface!



This one is my fav.  Kylie & Tiff.


Nothing wrong with a little pre-game lollipop before hitting the road.



Tiffany, Kylie and I hit the streets just before dark.  At first, Kylie was pretty shy and just stared at anyone who answered the door.  By about house 3, our little social butterfly shed her cocoon.  She was quick to let people know what cats say, pet their dogs, nearly walk into one home and to attempt to take an entire fistful of candy rather than just one piece if the bucket were offered.  Kylie's methodology for candy eating was much like any good woman's - eat as much as you can as soon as it comes to you.  "Oh, I have a few minutes in between the next house?  I guess I'll go ahead and polish off this box of dots.  And maybe this lollipop too."  Needless to say, by the time we made it home she was on quite the sugar high.


 Team Trick or Treat 2k12.


Miss Independent leading the way.


That's a biiiiig cat.


The rest of the evening she enjoyed answering the door and handing out candy to anyone who came by and freely passing out her candy to the rest of us.  I had so much fun and really appreciated getting to be a part of Miss Kylie's evening.  It's hard to believe that next year at this time, Miss Meow Meow will have an accomplice!  Thank you to the in-laws for inviting me, feeding me and keeping me company.  :c)  I hope you all had an equally awesome Hallow's Eve!


Those silly trick or treating novices - don't they know I already got all the good candy?


Kylie & Pawpaw dishing about dots.
 
 
 All's well that ends in a tickle fight.

2 comments:

  1. Such a great age!! And what a spectacular cat costume. Elmo's was cute, too.

    2nd half of Halloween story that no one seems to write/talk about: the sugar crash after said sugar high. Hope that went well, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these pics! Kylie is too cute!

    ReplyDelete