Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gimme some Chicken-Fil-A

For those of you who are not acquainted with my sister, you may not be familiar with the You Tube video that quote comes from.  I wish I could say the same.  About the You Tube, of course- most days I'm pretty over the moon that I know Jules.  That is neither here nor there...

This past Friday, my BFF's FH combined his love of all things free and his love of all things food into one perfectly amazing sitting.  After some hilarious email exchanges between his loving finacee and the Marketing Director of the local Chick-Fil-A, Brendan bravely signed up to participate in the Spicy Chicken Biscuit Eating context.


The task:  to down as many Spicy Chicken Biscuits as possible in 10 minutes
The prize:  free Chick-fil-a for a year (which in legalease translates to 1 meal a week for 52 weeks)
The competitor:  Kobayashi's little known Caucasian 5th cousin - Brendan "the Human Disposal" S.

Obviously Ryan and I had to go to cheerlead with Jen.  What choice do you have when a good friend takes on such a daunting task?  None is exactly the answer I arrived at as well.  So Jen, Ryan & I booked it to Chick-fil-a after work on Friday to watch people stuff themselves silly with what I believe was the bulk of the junior and senior classes of at least 2 neighboring highschools. 

Brendan put down an impressive 4.5 SCB in his alloted 10 minutes.  While he did not win - he was a valiant competitor.  I would say we all walked out of there winners- Brendan achieved his free meal and the rest of us achieved a good laugh.  Atta boy B-Schams!

One of his competitors informed Brendan that he learned about the competition from a flier passed out in homeroom.  This appears to be a very successful marketing tactic.

Talking strategy.


Watching the first and second heats.  I believe this is after the 10 year old finished off his 3rd.  Sidenote:  Brendan did indeed sport a Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest shirt.

Action shot.

Still our favorite competitive eater.

3 comments:

  1. I like how ryan is posing with his hand on Brendan's belly, like he is 8 months pregnant. 8 months pregnant with chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny. I like brendans cut off hot dog eating shirt the best. If he didn't win the contest, he for sure won the fashion one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... the high schooler heard about the competition in homeroom... how does a business professional hear about this? And... how many biscuits did the winner eat? yoowwzzaaa

    ReplyDelete