Sunday, January 22, 2012

Old Antics, New Year

Oh, hello there, neglected diary!  Seeing as we have been in 2012 for 22 days now, I suppose I should document how I rang this bad boy in.  I believe when I get into specifics, my whereabouts when the clock chimed midnight will come as no surprise to those of you who know me well (and/or those of you who went to college with me). 

Being the borderline crotchety old couple we have become, we had zero interest in anything that a) required a cover, b) involved strobe lights and/or c) included music above decibel levels native to elevators.  These facts basically rendered one possible location to ring in the New Year- the lake.  Julie & David, Shawna & Austin, Jen & Brendan, and Melanie, Jonathan & Jake were kind enough to indulge our desire to be lame low-key by joining us.  We spent the evening as we do most social outtings these days - chatting, adult beveraging and exclaiming over how cute the children are (including the whiskered ones).  We also threw in some flip cup and beerpong for good measure.

Sometime between 10 and 10:30 yours truly was found asleep on the couch.  Attempts to move or wake me were met with loud grumbling and general senility.  Apparently making meatballs and guacamole is something I find very taxing.  Orrrr... perhaps it was my old age compounded by a couple of tough beerpong losses.  Who really can say?  Either way, despite my lack of conciousness- I rang in the New Year surrounded by some of my favorite people, in one of my favorite places.  If that's not an omen for good things to come in 2012, what is?

P.S. Jen- please note that David has been "tagged".  He's offish.



Dallas, David's puppy.  Like most really attractive men- he's a little high maintenance.



Pondering the meaning of life... or maybe just thinking about which area of shrubbery needs the most puppy pruning.



Size comparison.



Dogs everywhere.



Oh hey look - there were humans too.



Hugs as a means or pre-paying bad behavior later?  Not his first rodeo, ladies & gentlemen.



(Earmuffs Mel & Yanny) Jake's first harem of lady fans.



A brother/sister shot that I'm absolutely positive was not posed (sarcasm font).


I'm trying to do something here.  Could I get a little space? (Editors note: Jake & Ryan's approach to other people's pantries is strikingly similar.)


My hair was channeling Elvis even more than usual, it seems.


There is only one conclusion to draw from a picture of a man surrounded by carpet cleaner, a clothespin, beer and a sharpie- Austin was working on his science fair project.


"Act natural."



Look, Shawna is taller than me.


Jules & the Hern.

...an equally cute couple.



I just adore that little face.  Jake is okay too, I suppose.  (HAAAAAAAAA).



Flipcupping together 2 weeks before your wedding is good luck.  It's an old wives tale.


Cooler talk!  (Do you see what I did there?  Bc they're ON a cooler and they were PROBABLY talking... Get it?)


Per usual - everyone manages to keep their eyes open except Ryan.


When selecting the perfect New Years Eve kiss, it's best to explore all options.



Celebration of female victory.


Welcome, 2012!

3 comments:

  1. Too bad rock, paper, scissors wasn't introduced until later... on second thought probably better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like one snazzy party! You did a great job of photo-documenting the night. Win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS. That is all.

    p.s. the last photo is definitely mantle material. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete