Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pish Tosh

Being the die-hard romantic soul that I am, for Valentine's Day this year I bought Ryan tickets to see Daniel Tosh of Tosh.0 fame on April 6th.  We tagged along with Dena and Shawna, who have the same keen eye for modern day romance. 

Since the show was at Verizon Wireless (or Bayou Place?  whatever it's called these days), we met up downtown for a few drinks at Azuma and then Blue Fish beforehand.  After sufficient photo-taking and teasing of the maniacal fans in line 1.5 hours before the show we made our way over to the theater.  While I love his show, I wasn't quite sure what to expect out of my lover, Mr. Tosh.  I was worried about his ability to translate his hilarity without a screen and human ridiculousness via YouTube clips to fuel him. 

About 2 minutes into the show I regretted ever doubting him.  I have seen Craig Ferguson, Chelsea Handler and Kathy Griffin all live and Tosh was most definitely the best.  For the entire last 30 minutes I needed to excuse myself to the powder room but refused to because I didn't want to miss a joke.  This was actually a terrible plan looking back on it as laughter really only agitates that situation, but hindsight is 20/20, right?  If you ever have the chance to see him- I highly recommend it.  I say that, of course, with the disclaimer that his comedy is not for the sensitive or easily offended.  However, if you are a fan of equal opportunity razzing like I am - book it. 

Thank you to Shawna & Dena for the idea, rocking company and inspiration to download apps and a happy (belated) day of love to Mr. Martin.

Occupy Tosh.  This photo was supposed to capture the long line but really it just captures that we all had to bend way over to be Shawna's height.


No, that is not the bouncer at the door - it's just Austin. I'm not really sure why Ryan is hunched over and double fisting.  Apparently Tosh.0 brings out the best in menfolk.  


Shawna, Dena & I = Tosh's herem.


Dena playing giant in front of this inexplicably small exit door.


Waiting in the beer line is most definitely the best time to practice some ballet.


DT walked out on stage carrying his dogs.  Studly.


It's hard to take pictures with no flash.  While laughing. 


Curtain.

2 comments:

  1. Noted, Tosh is on the To See list.

    Your friends are tiny/you're much bigger than average sized folk.

    PS. Love the hipster photo app.

    Geneva...Geneva...Geneva...will it and it will be posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that austin looks exactly like a bouncer. I am glad he attempted to look a little less scary on our wedding day. TOSH WAS SO FUN. I think we should sign up for tickets for his audience and make a trip to LA LA land! :)

    ReplyDelete