Monday, August 13, 2012

Shawna turns 18. Again.

Editor's Note:  The last post is a terribly difficult one to follow.  I contemplated writing some kind of filler to ease back into my typical blogging style but my type A desire to keep things in chronological order won that battle.  I guess that's what happens when half of your genes come from an Engineer and half from a Pharmacist... anal retentiveness coming at you from all angles!  So, today we're ripping the band-aid off and hopping right back in.  I have faith if anyone can turn that frown upside down- it's Shawna.  Plus, I know that Taylor would have given this shindig his stamp of approval.  .

First and foremost, thank you all so much for your heartfelt condolences.  The silver lining to this very dark cloud is knowing how blessed I am to have such sympathetic and caring friends and family to lean on.  I truly can't thank you all enough for reaching out.   It means so much more than you'll ever know.  So, from the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU!  Treat yourselves to a brownie or Starbucks today because you deserve it.  And I said so.  (Kindness calories don't count after all).

Shawna turned 28** on June 19th.  Her husband was kind enough to throw her a birthday bash the following weekend on the 23rd at their stellar casa.  Austin combined all the things Shawna loves most in life - hotdogs, a pool, a keg, more hotdogs and her friends- in that order.  One floating keg (literally thanks to some pool noodles), multiple pairs of missing sunglasses, too many laughs to count and one life-proof iPhone case later it's safe to say she has some good taste because those ingredients made for a pretty fabulous fiesta. 

Thank you, as always, to the host for allowing us to crash his pad, and feeding & beveraging us despite the fact it most likely resulted in his backyard looking like a frat lawn the next morning.  Happiest of Birthdays to my very favorite blended meat connoisseur and online purchase purveyor.  Love you, Shawna!

** Are we at the point in our lives yet where we start denying our ages?  When is that?  Someone should warn me in advance.

I've always heard that old age brings hair to unwanted areas.


Florida sisters who weren't born June 19th.  It's okay, we still love you Dena & Brianna.


Pool safety came first, obviously.


Klein's finest track specimens, past or present.


More sisters who weren't born on June 19th.  (Dear Humidity - Thanks for nothing.  Don't expect a Christmas gift.  Smooches, My hair).


 Dena + Beth + Lynda = BeLyNa.  Who says I'm not good at math?!


The birthday girl & I.  Spoiler alert: we are not the same height.

 
Peave, Love & Birthday Cake in the liquid form.


 Muchas gracias to our hosts with the most.

1 comment:

  1. 18 forever! Thanks to my fav blogger for making my bday so fun. Also i'm glad austin's chest hair made it on the blog finally. It needs to be shared with the world.

    ReplyDelete