Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Where in the world...

... Is Carmen Sandiego are my blogging skills?  I have been grossly negligent on the blogging front as of late.  I apologize to the future Casa Martin coffee table book this blog will become as the July/August time frame of this year is looking pretty light.

I would like to say that's because I have been maxing, relaxing and basking in a life of luxury but that is not exactly true.  I actually have been up to some fun things - for instance, our dear family friends, the Gauthey/Pedens, came to visit us at the lake for the weekend.  I took zero pictures.  FAIL. 

The Gautheys, Ms. Brenda & Mr. Tom, have 2 daughters, Erin* & Megan*, who are close to Julie & I's age and lived right across the street from us.  Most of our youth was spent making prank phone calls, shutting eachothers heads in the garage door, spitting on bikes and getting in big trouble.  Also, watching Dirty Dancing while Ms. Brenda fast forwarded through the non-child-friendly parts.  Needless to say - we have some amazing memories and it was so good to get to see them and to catch up for a bit.  I think that despite not having shared a childhood, the boyfran/hubby faction of our girl group enjoyed it also by making their own new beerpong infused memories.  Because you know how I feel about pictureless posts, I'm hijacking some pictures of Erin & Zac's adorable munchkins from Facebook - thanks Erin.  :c)  We missed you Megan & Donny!

 The Pedens.  Hard to believe that Kate & Colin will be spitting on their own bikes soon.


 Since Ella was in Erin's belly in the last pic I had to give her some love.  She's about 7.5 months bigger now but every bit as precious.


  Too precious for words.  Zac, of course.  The rest of you aren't so bad either.  ;c)


Also, the fabulous McClains* came into town for 2 weeks and we got spoiled by getting to see them 3 times.  Did I take any pictures?  Noooope.  FAIL AGAIN.  The boys went to a concert that I still can not remember who played at while Melanie & I got our nails did, ordered pizza and watched a movie.  Saying bye to them this time was especially sad because for the first time since they left for Geneva, we aren't sure when we'll see them next.  Ryan may or may not be enrolled in counseling for the trauma this is causing him both emotionally and stock portfolio-lly (yeah I made that word up- what of it?).    I am coping with this harsh reality by vowing to start a paper chain counting down once we have a firm date for when they'll visit next.  I'm posting a picture of Jake-y pants because he's just too cute not to.


I really can't believe how much he grew since I saw him last!  I tried to find a recent pic of Mel & Jonathan on FB to include here but was not successful.  You'll have to hit up my McMartin family vacay posts for your fix of Jake's parentals.


We also got to spend some time at Ryan's Aunt & Uncle's house to celebrate his (excuse me OUR) cousin Jenny's birthday.  Her birthday was actually July 19th but she was in Italy studying abroad, so she didn't get to have a proper US of A celebration until the second weekend in August.  Pam & Bob had everyone over for swimming & burgers.  It was really nice to see them and to get to wish Jenny well in her last year before graduating from Baylor.  Just typing that makes me feel so old- when Ryan & I first started dating I remember him going to her high school graduation.  Where is the time going?!


Haaaaappy Birthday Jenny!


The Birthday Girl, Lawson & Kylie Pie celebrating the American way - with a big slice of chocolate cake.


 Stairs?  I don't need no stinking stairs.  With form like this I think we have an Olympic 2024 diving champ on our hands.


   Granny & her future athletic superstar.


I believe that's about all I have for the moment.  We also hit up a wedding in the ATX this past weekend that I got my butt in gear and took some pictures for.  So look forward to that post in the coming days.  AND believe it or not, I've not completely neglected our house and have been doing a few projects around there that I'll post about in the near future.  Mission: get the blog back on track is in full force, my friends!  I hope that everyone else has had a wonderful summer.


Why, hello there.  What did you say?  You miss seeing pictures of my little bean?  Okay, fine.  Just a few.


Bath tub or water bowl?  Who can tell?


 Yo Mom - did you know you can see the squirrels from here too?!


 Ryan claims to be a disciplinarian.  I think this photo suggests otherwise.


 Lola wants you to have a good day.  Or maybe she wants your food.  Let's go with the first one.


* Yes, I did in fact link to all these blogs in hopes that it inspires the authors to update them for my lunch-time reading benefit.  And because I love them, of course.  :c)

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about neglecting the blog - it means you've been super busy living your life, haha! That's what I tell myself, anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very sneaky with the linking, my friend.

    Lola is all growed up now! And yet still thinks she's merely a puppy. Gotta love it.

    Looking forward to the house post!

    ReplyDelete