Monday, September 10, 2012

March Madness

I know what you're thinking - aren't we jumping a bit ahead of ourselves here?  Football season just started.  While football season is a rough one for hubs & I historically, and I am bred from two hoosiers (which makes basketball my favorite naturally), the title of this post has nothing to do with sports. 

So why are we talking about March?  Well my friends it's because this March Ryan & I will be trading in the traditional elements of the season (brackets, bets and marathons on the couch with ESPN on) for the madness of diaper changing, flip-flopped sleep schedules and rock, paper scissoring to see who's turn it is the check on the baby.  That is correct- I said baby.  OUR baby, no less.  For those of you who are as slow on the uptake as I am- that does in fact mean that I AM PREGNANT.

We are both so incredibly excited and feel beyond blessed to be granted this tiny miracle.  Even if the road is paved with bags of wheat thins on my person at all times, more water than I ever dreamed of consuming and a messy house due to a lack of energy - we could not be more thankful to be on it.   

A huge thank you for the outpouring of love, support and well wishes we have received.  If the reaction to the news is any indication, we are going to have one very, very spoiled little nugget on our hands.  Another huge thank you to my husband.  Every day I feel lucky to be spending life with a man I adore so much and laugh so hard with.  That feeling has been amplified more than I ever imagined possible by getting to see the enormous amount of love he already has for this child.  He really is the best.

I have a couple of other posts in the works with more fun details, but for the time being I just couldn't keep it bottled inside any longer.  Bring it on second trimester! 

15 comments:

  1. Ah! So so exciting! Congrats Amy! I am absolutely thrilled for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, Baby Martin! I already have so many things on the to-buy list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT??? That is AMAZING!! Congratulations!!!!!

    I was JUST thinking last night about how you had the dream that I was pregnant with a girl before I told you that I was pregnant with S! I was wondering if I would have a similar dream when you got pregnant. Does thinking about the dream count??

    So excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for y'all! Try to keep all the doggies away since they will clearly be scensing your pregnancy everywhere you go :) CONGRATS AND LOVE!<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Amy and Ryan!! So excited for y'all. Having a baby is the best and most exciting thing I have ever done. I know y'all will feel the same way. Can't wait to read all about over the next few months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So excited for you. Can't wait to follow your pregnancy Journey :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOHOO... baby martin 1.0 on the way! :) So, so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaaaaaaay, baby giraffe a'comin'! Can't wait to watch the spectacle at work ;-) and the slowly growing belly!

    To coincide with more basketball, you're def just gonna be rockin' one in your general tummy area. You're going to make all the other girls jealous.

    Congrats to you and Ryan, and Lolaboo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHHHHH!! That is so exciting! I cannot wait to read all about it. You're absolutely going to be the girl that only has a basketball belly and still looks totally tiny everywhere else :) Congratulations Amy and Ryan!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best post ever!! I cannot wait to meet sweet baby Martin and introduce him/him to their big brother Norman. :). Love you mama-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops I meant her/him. Clearly I subconsciously think you're having a boy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Amy - that is just wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  13. soooo excited for you guys! It will be such a fun adventure and you will laugh even more. :)) Very cool! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATS!!! So happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete