Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wheeling & Dealing

I originally planned to lump this bad boy in with my next monthly baby post.  However, I decided we haven't devoted nearly enough time as of late to rehashing the daily Ryan-isms I live through. 

Last Friday we managed to purchase a very important piece of the whole having-a-baby puzzle- a new mom mobile.  We decided that it was time for me to graduate from my beloved little red to a more cargo-, baby- and Lola-friendly SUV.  This was the first time I'd shopped for a car with Ryan and I'm sure you won't be the least bit shocked to learn that it was quite the experience.

My dear husband absolutely brought his TI-83 with him.  Conveniently stowed in the inside pocket of his coat a la shady watch salesmen on the street corner.  I know what you're thinking - surely that was for show and he did not use it.  You would be very wrong about that my friends.  He did in fact punch all of the terms into it to make sure we weren't getting lied to each time that they salesman brought in a new offer.

The tools of business with Ryan Martin.

Among other notables in this transaction he also offered the salesman the marketing deal of a lifetime when he suggested that we would leave the dealership paraphernalia on it for a marginal advertising fee.  (Salesman politely declined, for the record).  Ryan also requested a jacked up truck as a loaner car during the time between when we traded my old car in and when my new car made it to Houston from Dallas.  I have no doubt I'm forgetting some other shining examples of the man I married but suffice it to say he generally kept the salesman and myself in fits of giggles with his commentary.

While I most definitely shed a few tears over saying good-bye to the very first car I bought all on my own, the car I started my first job in, the car that saw me through my engagement and marriage, the car I bought a house with- I am very excited about my new Mom mobile.  I look forward to all the wonderful memories and things that this car will see our family through.

I think Lola is also excited as she no longer looks at me like I am on drugs when I try to get her to hop in my car.  I presume that is somewhat connected to the fact that she can actually fully stand up in this vehicle.  Spoiled, right? 

Mad props to my TI-83-wielding husband who managed to score us a good deal.  He is available for rent if you are in the market for some new wheels yourself in the near future.

The fruits of Ryan's wheeling and dealing.  It's a white GMC Acadia.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Congrats! So what did you get?! The period before baby is so fun :) Well, it's all fun!

    ReplyDelete