Monday, February 4, 2013

"She Made a Movie": A Celebration of Baby Martin

On January 20th the world's best maids of honor threw an absolutely beautiful shower for the little lady bug and I.  Jen was gracious (read: brave) enough to host it at she and Brendan's awesome abode.  Every element of the shower- from the precious guestbook entries to the games to the decor to the scrumptious food was well thought out and flawless.  I also felt so blessed and honored to have so many people care enough to celebrate with me that they drove in from across town or even as far as from Brenham and Dallas.

Everyone present was treated to some absolutely troublesome baby birth fact learning thanks to Google (e.g. longest birth recorded: 375 days), fantastic adult (and pregnancy-friendly sparkling) beverages, a belly-filling smorgasboard of appetizers and desserts, a sampling of some of the awesomest celebrity baby mullets that the internet has to offer and the general hilarious commentary that comes standard with gatherings involving my friends and family.

Little Miss was, once again, BEYOND spoiled.  She racked up far too many too-die-for ensembles, amazing baby swag and toys.  I'm starting to get worried that she is going to cause us to outgrow our house in her first month of life if she keeps acquiring items at this rate.  Is 1 month too early to ask her to get her own apartment?  Yes?  Fine, we'll reconsider around 1 year.  Okay.  Moving on.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who took time out of their busy schedules to come celebrate.  I really can't put into words what that means to me.  An even bigger thank you to my wonderful hostesses and all my sweet friends who were kind enough to contribute food or decor.  I laughed far harder than I usually do without a glass of wine beforehand.  Thank you for warming my heart.  I love you all so much more than you realize and can't wait to see how much baby girl loves you as well.  You are all the best and I can't wait to return the favor for each of you.

Author's note:  I am very pale and looking especially swollen/large in these pictures.  Normally I would edit myself out of them, but for the sake of posterity I am not.  Just know that I am indeed aware of these facts.  :c)  As an added bonus they should serve as some post-partum work out motivation, right?!

Melissa's pintrest diaper wreath masterpiece.  Everyone together:  ohhhhhh.  Ahhhhh.

Jenn's pasta salad, Julie's mozzarella, tomato & balsamic appetizers & Jen's educational rainbow fruit sticks.  More things showed up in these bowls post picture that were equally delicious.

The finger licking good product of my Mom & Julie's Friday evening.  I think Ryan may ask for an entire box of the strawberry ones for his next birthday.

I love those yellow pom poms.  I hope Jen decides to leave them up permanently.

I want all of these fabrics.

Ryan, Yours truly & Little Miss' baby pics.

I had such a good time laughing at everyone's answers to the guestbook questions.  Except those of you who wished a 9 pound baby on me.  That's a little too real.

Shawna's adorable onesie decor.

Way too much cute in one space.

Jen & Julie organized a trivia game which pitted grandmas against a team of new mamas and a team of baby-free ladies.  Jenn & I are representing the mamas-to-be team.  We promptly lost to Shawna & Dena who were the baby free team.  I assume this means that they'll be better mothers than I and that they want to babysit my child regularly.

This is probably when Julie was reading the question about how much the largest recorded baby weighed at birth.  The look on her face is representative of how I felt when I learned the answer.

I only thought Christmas was over.

Thankfully Ms. Brenda was sitting next to me to inform me of the uses of any items I was unsure of.  Maybe she should move in with us to do so full-time.

The beautiful hostesses, Jen & Julie, and I.

My wonderful mama & I.

My sweet niece, Kylie Pie, sister-in-law, Tiffany, & mother-in-law, Melanie, and I.

The super cute party favors.  Thank you again everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I get it...the cutout on the HERSHEY bar shoes SHE. That's clever. Really clever.

    You look FABULOUS in these pictures, you nincompoop! Baby girl is going to be fabulously dressed and decked out for all her visits to all her fan's homes/offices. *ahem*

    Here comes baby!!! Let the countdown begin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) *shows

    2) Your belly is not growing as much as I was hoping it would. This is going to be a boring February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girl Hey. Like Becca said, you look fabulous and don't you forget it!

    Shower was amazing... glad I got to be there for it! And I cant wait to see little martin's closet.

    LOVE.

    ReplyDelete