Friday, November 8, 2013

Shaking Her Tail Feather

I know what you were thinking.  You were thinking, okay- we have made it over a week without Amy posting a barrage of Halloween pictures.  We might be in the safe zone.  Maybe she will just settle for the peppering of photos on Instagram and Facebook and avoid subjecting me to more.  Not so fast my friends, not so fast.  What kind of mother would I be if I did not utilize ALL media outlets to the best of my ability to document every adorable moment of Emery's first Halloween?  When I type it like that you have one hand on the phone to call CPS, don't you?  We definitely do not want that.

So here we have it.  Obviously I had to buy a onesie that can really only withstand one wear given it's festive nature to send her to school in that morning.  As you've likely gathered from my commentary on my monthly photo dumps, she's not a huge fan of morning photo shoots.  Who is, really?  Halloween morning was no different.  If your house at 6 am is comprised of 2 adults yelling commands at one another and silently cursing for missing the moment in their head- then you have a life-sized picture of what October 31st was like in our house.

What is that buzzing sound?  Is it my parents talking to me?  I can't imagine why they would try to do that when I can see the remote off in the distance.

Ha.  Daddy, I've never seen you make that particular maneuver.  I'll reward you with one short-lived glance your way.  Won't happen again.

Hey Mom, look at me.   I'm practicing walking like a big girl.

If you think one uncooperative child seems like a cake walk, trust me- we have 2.  One is furry and weighs 100 pounds.  If you think she's going to move out of your shot, you're very incorrect.

Are we almost done?  Feels like we should be almost done.  I could go for some puffs right now.

Post-photo shoot cool down session.

The evening of Halloween, Ryan was working so my parents were kind enough to come over to hang out with me.  That way they could help answer the door while I worked through Emery's bed time routine.  That was the guise anyway, I think anyone who knows any grandparent anywhere knows they just wanted to see their baby girl in a costume.  

Did you think that the ruckus caused by the morning photoshoot might dissuade me from putting this child back in a costume it's well documented she doesn't like?  Ha.  You've learned nothing about me.  I definitely put that kid back in her costume and told her to werk it.  Luckily the results this time around were far more favorable.

Little known fact:  the peacock's favored method of transportation is crawling.  Walking is overrated.

 I learned the main error in picture taking at Melanie and Jonathan's the weekend before was not having Sophie.  She's a crucial distractor.

 Mom, I know we're experimenting with shoes now, but these are a little fashion-forward for an almost 8 month old, don't you think?

Please.  Please help me.

This is one of my favorites.  Maxing and relaxing.

Alright.  I've looked at the camera enough.  I'm out of here.

HighTAILing it to her box o' toys.  (Seriously how punny am I?!)

This series is really just because a peacock playing with infant toys is hysterical.

My Dad pointed out that this costume san tail could double as like a parrot.  Maybe next year.

Awful, awful picture, but physical evidence that Mama was in fact present.

Grandpa and his tiny fluorescent turkey.

Nonnie and her yittle yove.

I hope you all had as wonderful a Halloween this year as we did!  Thank you again to Nonnie & Grandpa for coming over and helping me out.  We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, definitely a mini-Ryan in the last pic. What a cutie pie! I am also all about this parrot idea. Talk about tail feathers!

    ReplyDelete