Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Zoo (with my) Boo(s)

I have been trying to take the girls to the zoo for-e-ver but for a million different reasons, it never seems to work out.  Finally, on Friday April 8th, the stars aligned and my dreams came true.  The weather was perfect, it was my day off, the Non didn't have work and thus could join in on the fun- so we decided to grab life the zoo by the horns.

The Mama Daughter days have dropped off steeply since we have been in reno mode.  This makes me sad but I think it is a necessary evil of this stage of life. I spend most Fridays off over at the house or running errands to keep our little crew afloat.  This particular Friday I got the best of both worlds  because Mamacita and I spent the morning at the house helping** GC.  Since there were 2 brilliant females in the mix, I think we accomplished 4x as much in half the time.  (Don't try to check that math.)  After dining on the finest cuisine that Chick-Fil-A has to offer, she and I left GC to his own devices and went to retrieve the girls for adventure part 2 of the day.

Emery had a nap under her belt and thus was in excellent spirits.  The same could not be said of our littlest diva.  I hoped she would nap on the way buuuuut no such luck- she was wide awake and very chatty.  This equated to a fairly cranky kiddo (by her usual standards) upon arrival.  Her patience for the stroller was fine until she could see her Mama. Then she was pretty non-plussed that I could be so lazy as to not carry her everywhere.  Overall though, we had an awesome time.  I look forward to a repeat with Daddy, Pawpaw and maybe even some Aunties/Uncles in tow!

Ohhh, how they melt my heart.  I can't put into words how much I cherish the time my girls get to spend with their grandparents.  We are so, so lucky.

The crocodile has a thing or two to teach Em about posing.

The antenna gives Brynn special animal location powers.

Both girls were digging the elephants.

Why is that cheetah napping, Nonnie?  He so silly.

So you ARE still here?!?!  Then WHY am I in this stroller?  I know you can carry more than that phone.

If you know her, this picture is as miraculous to you as it was to Nonnie and I.  Thankfully this goat was really tame.  Had he moved, there would have been tears.

She could not be convinced to pet this moving version.

The goat terrified Brynn.  Which I found hilarious because I'm an awesome Mom.

This was short lived but oh-so-adorbs.

As much as she'd been jonesing for me to get her out, you would think she would have looked more excited, huh?

My heart and soul on a bench.

** Helping.  Singing along with Beiber obnoxiously.  Stealing GC's hammer.  I think they're all synonyms, really.

1 comment:

  1. Ha!!!! The goats, oh man. Those girls are too cute! Great day at the zoo, check!

    ReplyDelete