Monday, June 20, 2011

License to...

This morning Ryan & I stopped by the courthouse on the way to work.  After 5 glorious minutes with a delightful lady named Doris, confirming that we were not related and raising our right hands we are now the proud owners of this bad boy:


Look out, world.  For most, this document represents a license to get married to the man fate has chosen for you.  For me in particular this represents a license to sit on the couch and watch 6 (okay maybe 8 or 9) episodes of the Wire on a lazy Sunday with said man.  It represents a license to glare at him until he says "excuse me" after he burps.  It represents a license to come home from work and find him messing with the sprinklers at LEAST one night (often times 2) a week.  It represents a license to live with a man who will, in his lifetime, most likely eat enough canned chili to build a mansion of Khloe & Lamar proportions out of the cans.  It represents a license to walk through the living room and hear 4 letter expletives rattled off at the tv on any given Saturday or Sunday.  It represents a license to laugh REALLY HARD at least once a day because of all of these things.  I feel incredibly lucky.  So, thank you, Doris for licensing us to get married.  Thank heavens you didn't know all of the things I just said or you might not have signed your name. 

Can't wait for July 9th.  :c)

P.S. I owe you all many a blog update.  I have one written about Jen's shower... I'm just waiting on pictures.  (Love you Mom!)  I also need to write one about Kylie's 1 year birthday party.  Spoiler alert:  there's a cute kid involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment