Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wedding Part 2: Dress Rehearsal

Today's anecdote is of the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Ryan and I's rehearsal was at 3:00 pm on July 8th at our wedding venue and our rehearsal dinner follwed at 6:30 pm at Cadillac Bar. I should take a minute to thank everyone for making it. I know it agitated people's work days, not to mention sweat glands, and we're sincerely appreciative that you all were there.

The rehearsal itself was fairly uneventful. While practicing walking down the aisle Ryan did not practice shooting finger guns into the audience as he threated, which I think we all breathed a sigh of relief about. I am sure something funny happened but I can't remember it. I would say that is probably in everyone's best interest for a rehearsal. Especially given the speech Pastor Thomasson gave us about ensuring that no one was "doped up."

After the rehearsal my Mom, Julie and I ran to the store to grab a few food items for pre-wedding beautification the next day. I also requested a coffee break because I was yawning which apparently doesn't look good when at one's own wedding events. By the time we arrived at Cadillac Bar, a large quadrant of our wedding party had already gotten the party started, evidencing why we love them so dearly.

The rehearsal dinner itself went perfectly and it was so wonderful to have so many important people from different facets of our lives all in one place getting to know eachother. Nothing brings people together like a few beverages, some good fajitas and some bad pictures of little Amy and little Ryan. My darling sister put together an absolutely wonderful slideshow of pictures of us. For those of you wondering, Ryan actually did select Mariah Carey on his own.

I once again proved that even when I think there's no chance I'm going to cry- I am wrong. Ryan and I discussed how he would say his thank you piece and then I would say mine. It went something like this...

Ryan:
Thank you to ______ for _______. Joke. Thank you to ______ for _______. More thankfulness. More thankfulness. Joke. More thankfulness. And now I'm going to let Amy say a few words.

Amy: I just want to say thank you all for being here today. I know some of you came a really long w... *unintelligble sobbing*

So, that went well clearly. Overall, it was an absolutely wonderful night- one that I'll never forget. Afterall, it's not often that one of your MOHs, who shall remain nameless, tries to eat cake with a knife. It's also not often you get to see my Aunt Jan demonstrating how to make sure you don't have any lipstick on your teeth. I will not describe this because this is a family site, but ask me next time you see me how that little trick works. Thank you to each and every one of you for making it out and for giving up your Friday night for us. A special thanks to my fantastic in-laws, Mike & Melanie Martin, for hosting the rehearsal dinner for us.  Also, thank you Daddio for taking pictures.  We love you ALL!

Austin, Ryan, Blake & Jonathan.  Note that Blake was in charge of drink tickets.  In hindsight, not perhaps the best judgement call but it definitely ensured a good time for all.

A sampling of the Indiana crew- clockwise from the left: Sydney (sweet babysitter), Taylor (my cousin), Natalie (his pretty girlfriend), Ashleigh (my cousin), Tripp (Kara's precious son) and Kara (my cousin).  Please note that my Dad is a fan of candid shots.  Sorry guys!


My Mom's twin sisters, Aunt Jean (Ashleigh & Taylor's Mom) and Aunt Jan (Kara & Travis' Mom)


Sweet Sydney, Tripp, Kyle (Ashleigh's handsome fiance), Aunt Jean & Brian (Aunt Jean's beau)


Tripp & Paul (Tripp's Dad & Kara's hubby)


On to Ryan's family... Linda, Larry, Grandpa (on his Mom's side) and Meemaw (on his Dad's side), Kylie Pie (our gorgeous niece) & Melanie

Stan (Ryan's Uncle), Mike, Tiffany & Kylie

Ryan's Missouri cousins: Taylor, Jace, Connor & Bryce.  (I told you there was a fondness of candids).

Caitlin B, Melissa & Courtney

Shawna, Jen, Dena & Jenn

My hottie bridal party (less Caitlin P):  clockwise from the bottom- Dena, Tiffany, Jen, Courtney, Caitlin B, Shawna, Jenn, Melissa, Chelsea, Julie & Yo

1 comment:

  1. Good times... I will say that I did not try to eat cake with a knife... that may narrow things down! ;) I wouldn't be opposed to trying though!

    ReplyDelete