Friday, August 12, 2011

Wedding Part 3: Glamification

In an attempt to make the morning of July 9th as calm as humanly possible for everyone in the wedding, I arranged for our hair & make up people to come to our hotel to turn us into glamazons.  I rented a suite, bought a little food spread and we got down to the business of beautification. 

We spent the pre-wedding hours of 9-3:30 lounging, trying (and failing) to take pictures of the TV screen when "Martin-Boarman Nuptials" popped up, jamming to some questionable Pandora stations, rehashing Caitlin B's The-Lion-The-Witch-And-The-Wardrobe-meets-Bridezillas dream, posing for "emotional" pictures and waxing philosophic on the latest celeb news. 

It was absolutely the perfect way to  begin the best day of my life.  Thank you to all of you who came and helped me to stay relaxed and excited.  Thank you also to JuJuBee and Mamacita who helped me shop for our little brunch spread.  Lastly, big thanks to Shawna for taking pictures.... and unknowingly letting me hi-jack them for this post.

Nourishment

Shawna & Julie on their way to curl faux hawks.  Very Fall 2011.

TiffyPants


Mom & Jen getting their curl on.


A 5 Hour Energy sponsored event.

Caitlin is thrilled to know there's no laundry shute in the closet.


Not pictured:  Julie fake crying

Going to the chapel and we're gonna get maaaaaarriiiiiied.

2 comments:

  1. you were the prettiest lumberjack bride there ever was...also reading this is really making me crave one of those little cookies from the delicious food spread that Julie and I were slamming all morning on 7/9

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA... ^Melissa! I totes forgot about those cookies. MMMMMmmm

    ReplyDelete