Monday, August 15, 2011

Wedding Part 4: Pomp & Ceremony

Hello friends!  I'll give you 1 guess as to what today's story is about.  If you guessed the ceremony... you are correct.  It looks like someone has been watching some chick flicks!  So, on to the ceremony. 

We arrived via party bus (english translation: hotel shuttle) to at the Bell Tower at about 4:00 pm.  Our fabulous (hired) photographer, Nicole Chatham, was slated to arrive at about 4:30 which left us approximately 30 minutes to kill.  Now, when Modern Family is on, thirty minutes just flies by.  However, that afternoon it felt like an eternity to me... and apparently also to Chelsea as she must have asked 20 times, "Wait, so when do you put your dress on again?" (Love you Chels). 

What is a group of girls to do with 30 free minutes?  Why force Shawna into an impromptu photo shoot.  Duh.  We all enjoyed watching Shawna take amazing pictures of everyone on the vampy couch in the bridal suite, partook in a little 5 hour energy consumption (was that just me?) and tried to check out the reception set up while dodging the boys who kept going to and from the bar.

Oh-la-la

Get it giiiiiiirl.

She came bearing gifts.

Their mothers taught them that it's rude to turn down gifts.

It helped pass the time in pre-school... why not now?

Hottest bridesmaids ever.  Dare you to disagree. 

Would you turn down a program from these ladies?  I think not.

EVERYBODY!  (Please read in your head to the opening of the BSB song)

At some point in this 30 minutes Jen took Ryan the card I wrote him and returned with the card he wrote.  For those of you who know Ryan, or who just read this blog, you may have gathered that he considers "emotions" and "communication" 4 letter words.  I expected him to write a short, sweet, funny card.  I was pleasantly shocked to receive the most heartfelt, tear-jerker of a card I have ever,  or will ever, receive in my life.  Kudos to you Ryan Martin for making me cry all my make up off.

Lumberjack casual is the new white.

My favorite author

So, maybe not all tears.

Watching me cry is funny.

After that it was go-time.  We got that big ol' dress on me with what I hope was a few shades under the level of flashing demonstrated by Britney, Lindsay and Paris. 

What are sisters for if not crocheting one's behind?

Cinderella had birds.  Per my Mom's HS yearbook, she sings like one- so this is pretty much the same.  (Inside joke coming at ya, Dad)


Thanks Tiffy!
Ta-da.

My beautiful Mamacita

Ryan and I chose to do a first look, which in my case would be more aptly named a first bawl.  I cried pretty much the whole time.  I reallllly pushed that make up's staying power to the limit.  After I got myself straightened up, we did a little mini photo shoot.

He cleans up pretty well.

I am so sneaky.

Let's hug it out.


Adding a little personal touch to my bouquet.  In the form of mascara.


So, does this come with some type of warranty or...?

There we are.

Nicole: Look passionate.  Ryan: I have never done that in my life.

I just think he's so handsome.

We are so good at walking.


Next,  we called out our hottie bridal party and continued to share the Olan Mills love with all.  These guys are seriously good looking,  huh?

The whole gang (minus JT).


All the ladies.

Greatest moment of Ryan's life.

Greatest moment of Austin's life? (JK Shawna)

Studs.

THEN it was finally time to get back to our respective suites to get ready for the big show.  All of our beloved parents & grandparents were seated.  The handsome dudes filed in down the aisle.  Hottie ladies walked down the aisle.  Precious Ava ran to Kara down the aisle and then, all of a sudden it was just me and Daddio standing behind huuuuuge wooden doors.  (Oh, and Ramon and Blake- heeeeey boys).   I wish I could fit all of my emotions and thoughts into one succinct sentence but I really can't.  I was 12 parts excited to finally marry the BFF, 5 parts terrified of having 167 sets of eyes on me, 12 parts overwhelmingly humbled by all the love and support I felt behind those sanctuary doors and 1 part questioning whether I needed more coffee.  (I'm not sure how many parts there should be here).


I'd be skeptical of whatever Blake & Dad were telling me too.

Me & Daddio.
After I basically ran down the aisle, we repeated the same meaningful words that millions before us have for centuries... with a few minor exceptions.  At one point while trying to juggle choking back tears (poorly) and reciting the vows, I informed our Pastor Thomasson that there were just a lot of words.  Not long after as the volume of my sobs increased, Ryan told me, and everyone in the first 5 rows, "It's okay- it won't be that bad."  It was short, sweet and perfectly us.  I could not have asked for anything else.

First stop: Altar.


I like the artsyness of this picture.

With this ring, I thee agree to a lifetime of watching House Hunters with you.

Get a room.


Mr. & Mrs. Daddy Long Legs.

And THAT is how I became Mrs. Ryan Martin. (Stay tuned for reception and detail posts... I just may have a picture of you teaching people how to dougie).

2 comments:

  1. Love it....what a fun day to remember!!!! It all fell into place as planned. I just love reading your commentary too Amy-what a witty, creative daughter I have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah... my favorite part - Mr. and Mrs. Daddy Long Legs! :)

    ReplyDelete