Monday, January 28, 2013

8 x 4 = 32.

On January 13th I reached the 32 week mark.  I never know exactly if this gives me the right to call myself 8 months pregnant?  Or do I have to wait until February 10th to claim that title?  Based on how much this little one has been using my rib as a punching bag lately, I'm going to say that it does.

To be absolutely honest, I've not accomplished as much as I'd hoped this month between the chaos of the holidays and then turning around and walking into the brick wall that is year end at work.  January 2nd is the universal day that anyone with an accounting degree wonders if they were under the influence when they selected their major.  (If you went into public accounting afterwards, the answer is likely yes).

We did manage to make it to a breastfeeding class.  Said class was on the same day as the National Title game.  I'm sure you can imagine how excited Ryan was about this.  To his credit, he went to the class, sat through it and did some learning like a champ.  I guess looking at boobs isn't the worst alternative to watching football.  I am proud of him for doing so with very little complaining... snaps to Papa Bear.

Other than that, this month has been about a lot of researching and planning.  Oh, and playing with all those awesome Christmas presents you saw in previous posts.  Ryan put together our stroller, which is ah-mazing.  I am kind of wondering if anyone is considering making an adult version, because I think Ryan pushing me around in one sounds like a pretty cool way to travel.  One note of interest on that point is that Lola is terrified of it.  You read that correctly.  Our 100 pound dog is scared to death of a stroller.  I really should have somehow captured that on film.  Just imagine Ryan chasing Lola around the island in our kitchen and try not to laugh.  Is this what the term "family fun" means?

My generous, and super talented, mother has agreed to make the bedding, curtains, etc.  She came over and we spent a few hours taking measurements and ordering fabric.  I really, really can't wait to see how this all comes together.  We are SO lucky that she's doing this for us.  It warms my heart to know that our little one will be sleeping surrounded by love.

I spent an afternoon organizing all of lady bug's clothes, accessories, etc into neat piles on the floor in her room.  I then proceeded to have a full-on panic attack because we are currently sans dresser (aka a receptacle for these piles).  So naturally next I laid in the middle of the room on my back for a while eating some M&M's.  Because that is how adults deal with things properly, obviously.  Per review of my iPhone photos, I also devoted some time to practicing using the car seat in a very realistic manner.  See below.

I buckled that beanie baby bear in like a pro.  Beanie babies are similar to human ones, right?


Sweet pea seems to have discovered her very own Christmas present in the past month- in the form of a multi purpose pillow/trampoline that was previously known as my bladder.  While I'm glad she is so comfortable in there, I wouldn't be that upset if she forgot about that.  I can definitely tell that she's running out of room in there as I feel her almost constantly through out the day.  Normally she chooses opportune times like when I'm in a meeting with primarily men-folk to really start making my entire belly morph.  I think she inherited her sense of timing from her Aunt Julie.

Our doctors appointments this month went well.  Miss Martin's heart rate was 144 again.  That seems to be a common theme.  My doctor claims she continues to be measuring "right on track."  That's not what my precise sizing up of my belly says, but I'm not the one with the degree.  So I suppose I'll take her word for it.

Last but not least, time for some watch the growing belly pics.  

29 weeks from Mamacita & Daddio's house.

30 weeks.  Goodness, I'm living large.


31 weeks.  Would you like to rent my belly shelf for storage?  Please contact me.  Very reasonable rates.


32 weeks.


I can't believe that the next time I write one of these I'll (probably) be within a month of bringing home a little mini Rymy.  I absolutely can't wait.  Thank you all, as always, for your continued love, well wishes and support.  There's no way I could make this journey without you.

Had to give our first baby a little blog love.  :c)  Think there's room in this lap for two?

5 comments:

  1. This last month is going to be AWESOME! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE SUCH A CUTE PREGGO. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How on earth do you get the phone to cover the exact same part of your face every time in these pictures?

    Also - I'm getting used to your belly - it will be weird when it is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL to Jen's comments. But also, my timing is impeccable... so I'm not sure what you're talking about!

    ReplyDelete