Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013. That happened.

Think back with me if you will to about a month ago.  What were you doing?  Stuffing your face with food?  Cool, me too.  Why was that, again?  Ahhh, yes.  Thanksgiving.  My second favorite holiday of the year has once again come and gone.  I suppose now would be an appropriate time to document that here in the blogosphere.

We spent this one the way that we have spent most recent holidays- by spending a portion of the day with the Martin clan and the other portion with the Boarman crew.  I probably don't say it enough, but I feel very, very blessed that our families are close enough together that we are able to do this.  I know a lot of people aren't so fortunate and they have to split holidays.

Someone woke up verrrrry excited to get to the bottom of what this whole Thanksgiving thing is about.

Anywho, we started the day out over at Ryan's parents house.  This year Thanksgiving happened to fall on Ryan's Mom's birthday.  She was still kind enough to spend the better part of her evening Wednesday night and the morning of Thanksgiving whipping up a fantastic meal for us though.  Is she a saint or what?  .  Ryan's Aunt Pam, Uncle Bob & cousin Jenny were able to join us, which was a treat because it had been far too long since Ryan & I had seen them.

We spent the morning and early afternoon watching We're the Millers, shoveling the traditional Martin family "pink stuff" in our mouth and just generally enjoying eachother's company.  Oh, and being entertained by the little ones.  Did I mention that?  Kylie wasn't feeling too stellar, but that didn't keep her from being the life of the party.  Emery got to sit at the head of the table and eat all the puffs her little heart desired while she watched us all stuff our faces.  I really can't wait until next year when she can eat all the things we eat!

A lot of turkey was devoured here.

Bob, Jenny, Pam, Melanie, Tiff & Em getting ready to watch a Kylie performance.

Emery & Aunt Tiffany learning about counting coconuts.

Autograph?  Noooo, I couldn't possibly.  Okay.  Maybe just one.

How is this the best picture I got all day of Emery's get up?  #MamaFail

Watching the 2 of them play just warms my heart.  Kylie was so sweet to bring out all her toys to share with Emery.

Emery repaid her by Baby-zillaing Kylie's Hello Kitty coloring book.  Gratitude is perhaps not a strong suit yet.

Related?  Naaaaaah.

Dad teaching Emery the most important Thanksgiving tradition- the post-meal coma.

Three year olds are immune to tryptophan.

Two year old dogs are not.  Even if they haven't had any.  Okay, okay.  She might just be spoiled.


Grandma & her 2 princesses.

After eating far too much for knowing we had another full meal ahead of ourselves, we packed up our little family o' four (Lola- duh) and headed up to Conroe.  It was perfect timing for a nice afternoon nap in the car for the puff-o-saurus rex.  Mamacita and her sous chefs were putting the finishing touches on the feast when we arrived.  As always, dinner was de-li-cious.  I definitely over-indulged.  Once again, Emery got to sit at the table like a big girl with us.  For dinner we got a little adventurous and she tried some mashed potatoes and a custom-made mini pumpkin pie.  Sweet girl was very appreciative of Nonnie's efforts and she loved them both!

We stayed and hung out with the Boarman fam through Saturday afternoon when we headed back to town for Ryan's Mom's Birthday dinner.  Each holiday is special to us because it means time spent with family.  This one was extra special though since it was Emery's first.  I appreciate the part that everyone played in making it a perfect one.  We love you all so very much!

What is that tiny, crust-less pie doing in there?  Just proving that Nonnie spoils Miss Emery.

Trust me, she was far more into it than this picture might lead you to believe.

Look, I really dig this orange stuff.  What I don't dig is that multiple cameras on me.  Give a girl some room, huh?

Nonnie taking Miss Em for a spin in the front yard.  Per usual once we got to my parent's house I completely tapped out of being a mom-o-grapher and just relaxed.  FAIL.  I'll try to do better at Christmas!!

Every year my wonderful grandparents gave each of us 7 grandchildren an ornament up through 2006, the year that my Gramma passed away.  The ornaments have been at my parents house and this year my Mom sweetly made each of us a tree with our ornaments on it.  Truly one of the sweetest, most sentimental presents she has ever given us.  It's proudly displayed in my living room now.  Thank you, Mamacita!

1 comment:

  1. Those trees are amazing, very sweet! Kylie's face in that bike pic is priceless and the pic of her reading to Em is adorable! What a great fam.

    ReplyDelete