Thursday, December 19, 2013

Discussions with Daddy: Segment 3

Ohhhh, hello there December- you really snuck right up on me.  Thanks for that, you sneaky minx!  Anyone still out there on the interwebs?  Have to say I'm impressed if you're still coming around given my little hiatus.  I apologize!  If it's any consolation it's because I've been in the field- living life and creating fodder for this little virtual scrapbook.  I have vowed to (try really hard to) get caught up before the New Year.  So, let's get this ball rolling before the big one drops.  (Ohhhh yeah.  I just did that.)

So I've apparently unofficially made this segment a quarterly thing.  That means it's tiiiiime for an update!  As before, the last 3 months have been full of me nearly spitting out food or choking on water when listening to the Daddy and his conversations with and about our tiny angel.  I really just can't imagine what I would do without them.  Probably spend a lot less time praying that my child is the youngest person on the planet to comprehend the notion of sarcasm.


  • (Giving Emery a bath, Ryan pours water over her head without shielding her eyes.  He's immediately met with a look of shock from yours truly) "You're 6 months now, kid.  Gotta grow up sometime!"
  • (Watching Emery play in the living room, she starts pulling her shirt up).  "You are such a floozy!  This better not be your plan for putting yourself through school."
  • (One morning that Ryan didn't have work, I was running out the door and he was still in bed.)  Me:  Okay, Em isn't going back to bed.  You have two options, you ca... Ryan:  Adoption?
  • (At the doctor for her 6 month appointment)  Doctor:  She has really great social skills for her age.  Ryan:  That's because we try to hand her off to everyone we meet.
  • (Having a conversation about how fast time has gone and not wanting to forget any of the little things)  "Emery being born was like 9/11.  I'll never forget."
  • (Discussing what I wanted for my birthday)  Ryan:  What do you want for your birthday?  Me:  A maid.  Ryan: We are growing you one right now.
  • (Emery managed to get a hold of a Restoration Hardware catalog and was looking at it).  "You need to get a job!"
  • (Ryan upon seeing Emery the first day she wore tights)  "OMG.  Are these pantyhose?!  Does she have a training bra under her onesie?"
  • (Emery was pulling Nonnie's hair at dinner for Nonnie's birthday) "We just squirt her with a spray bottle of water."
Definitely has her Daddy wrapped around her little finger.

3 comments:

  1. HA!! These are adorably hilarious. Definitely needs to be a quarterly segment at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The adoption one almost made me spit out my water, I should have heeded your warning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is so sweet. I like the adoption one...classic.

    ReplyDelete