Thursday, November 13, 2014

Dewberry Farm with the Martins

Since when has one day of seasonal farm fun ever been sufficient for anyone?  I say never.  So on Saturday October 25th we headed out to Dewberry Farms with the Martin clan (Grandma, Pawpaw M, Aunt Tiff, Cousin Kylie & Joseph) to see what trouble we could get into.

This was the first time Ryan or I had been to Dewberry Farms and I have to say I was fairly impressed.  We got there right when it opened around 10 and it filled up faster than my shopping cart does at Target.  Apparently this place is no secret.  I think approximately 60% of the greater Houston area was there.  Luckily there was so much to see and do that the crowds really weren't an issue.

Unfortunately for documentation purposes, our little nugget was prettttttty worn out from the previous day's activity (hey, herding goats is exhausting guys) and thus wasn't so smiley.  The fact that we saved the main attraction- the pumpkin patch photos- for the end of our stint, which happened to coincide with her nap time, definitely didn't aid in us capturing any fabulous photos.  Ah well, such is life with a toddler, right?  Despite her lack of smile in most of the pictures below, trust me when I say that we all had a wonderful time and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks to Aunt Tiff and Grandma for inviting us- we love you all!

Mom, do you think I can catch it?

Hey.  Quack, quack- over here!

What's up with this gate separating me from chasing this chicken?  I swear today I could catch it.

Pawpaw and Aunt Tiff taking the ladies on a little obstacle course.

Slide, slide slippety sliding with Aunt Tiffany.

Cousin Kylie and her Mama showing us how it's done.

I would say that this succinctly summarizes any and all efforts this day to capture a cute cousin picture.

What's that?  Pu-kins, you say?  Nah, I'm good right here with this lemonade that I stole from my Mama.

I'm obsessed with Kylie Pie's hair.  Perfect amount of natural curl.  So jealz.

This, my friends, is how you frolick.

My child watching the frolicking from a far- death grip on lemonade still firmly in place.  See what we mean by saying she's got the art of managing/supervising down?

Alright Pawpaw.  I'll take a few steps into this sea of pumpkins if it will make you happy.  The buck stops here though.

I'm sorry.  You want me to what now?  Take more pictures?  No.  Put the lemonade down?  Still no.

Different day.  Same lack of success with a family photo attempt.

Joseph, Aunt Tiffany and Kylie showing us up.

Okay Paw paw- take me away.   That's a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment