Monday, November 3, 2014

Mama (and Yanny Mac) are OLD(er)...

... but trust me when I say that no one is wiser.  See below.

In the chaos of trying to furiously finish up Bucket's room, finish 57 hours of CPE and all the other last minute oh-m-gee-a-baby-is-coming-soon to-do's, my birthday nearly came and went without my even noticing.  Melanie, ever the considerate wife and friend, combined powers with Ryan and they planned a small little joint shindig for my birthday (October 4th) and Jonathan's (October 5th).

We got babysitters, actually did our hair and met at El Tiempo for dinner and then headed over to Chateau McClain for an after party.  You would think with a total of 4.5 kids combined between the 10 of us and the fact that most of us kissed our college years good-bye more than 5 years ago that this would equate to a fairly quiet little evening.  You would be completely mistaken and I wouldn't have it any other way.  There's no need to get into details because as mentioned before, we are role models now, but suffice it to say that a fellow restaurant patron and his 15 year old son were so amused by the girls' end of the table's conversation that they sent over a pitcher of margs on them.

Afterwards we took our margs, our ridiculous conversation and brilliant ideas back to Mel & Jonathan's where we were treated to some DELISH homemade cake from Melanie, a heartfelt rendition of "Happy Birthday" from the crew and a troubling plan for a future compound with a chicken nugget shooter from the men of the bunch.  Many laughs were had, a few terrible-tasting drinks were made (*cough* Shawna *cough*) and lots and lots of memories were made.  Muchas gracias to the muchacho and muchacha who planned this get together.  It was absolutely just what the doctor ordered.  I think it's a sign that this is going to be a great year!

Big men.  Little seats.

I think we've now shared 19 birthdays together?  Is that right?  Someone should audit that math.

These 3 look like they'd make great sister wives, right?

Derrick & Ryan were pretty amped about chips.  Austin, not-so-much.

If margaritas to go aren't on the menu sometimes you have to take matters into you own hands.

Oh, and I would be remiss if I did not give a shout out to my ah-mazing coworkers who decorated for my birthday AND treated me to Starbucks.  Molly & Becca are THE BEST.

Good thing I'm not in charge of HSE because I'm pretty sure a chair had to be used for those top stars.

1 comment:

  1. Um, no comment on that chair business. No one was present, so obvy it didn't happen, right? Your husband is very into hand waving right now. Learned it from Emery?

    ReplyDelete