Tuesday, December 30, 2014

i(Phone) Spy: Month One - Brynn

What's that they say?  If it ain't broke don't fix it?  I think it should be, if it worked for the first, why the heck shouldn't it work for the second?  So that's how we'll roll.  Each month as Baby B grows I'll try to compile all my massive quantities of iPhone pics into one succinct(ish) post and to summarize all the other things in a verbage post like I did with Emery.

On December 18th, my beautiful Brynn hit the one month mark.  I am truly in awe that it's already been that long.  Life is going way, WAY too fast for my liking.  For Christmas I asked for a time slowing machine but Santa didn't come through for me.  I hope you enjoy these pics of my tiny bundle as much as we've enjoyed having her... Added bonus for you- you don't lose any sleep though.

So you're the Nonnie that Emery keeps going on and on about, huh?

I know little one- I was skeptical too when I saw those cheeks, but I promise I'm your Mama.

Gotta keep an eye on sister no matter where she is in the room.  She's usually coming in hot.

So this is the world?  Kinda unimpressive.

My babies.

*sigh* It was so much quieter in my previous home.

In case you were confused which one she was.

First bath- was not all she dreamed of.  Girlfran does not like any clothing items being removed.

Considerably happier post-bath.  You don't like to be missing articles of clothing?  Fine- we'll give you as many as we can.  Hats.  Mittens.  Pile it on.

This is how Emery "shares."  By piling things on top of sister until you can't see her any more.

Not finding this hat as funny as her Mama does.

Kisses from "Bebo".  If I'm going to out brainwash her Daddy, I've got to start immediately.

Psssssst.  I don't care if it is 2 am... If my eyes are open, yours should be too.

(This photo was taken around 3 am.)  Hey Mom?  Have you ever stopped to think about how I got in your belly in the first place?

Can you tell where the light was?

 I gotta admit- I loooooove baby-sleeping-on-Daddy pics.  For your benefit I've forced myself to only post a few.

No way Mama.  I definitely didn't just manually bounce my sister as hard as I could.  Look at this face.  Could this face lie?

Still thinking about how I got in your belly.

I realized that she hadn't worn this newborn outfit yet.  So naturally, like a good mother, I shoved her into it when she had probably outgrown it about 1.5 pounds ago.

WTH lady.  You said we were going home.  This is not home.  This is a grocery store.  I'm going to let everyone else know how rude it is for you to bring me to an establishment with food I can't eat for months by screaming disapproval starting in 3...2...1...

You sure it's safe to put me down here with that dog and heathen child running amuck?  (Author's note: this only happens while sister is at school.)

My life: A self portrait.

Getting a little early morning fist pumping in.

Were you wondering what Ryan has been doing this month?  Wonder no more.

Let me get this straight- you think you're going to take me out in public, in a stroller, and that I won't make a scene?  Oh mama.  You have so much to learn about me.

This is a terrible, terrible picture of me.  I am only including it in case this mental image somehow ever fades in my mind.  I call Brynn my tiny cobra because when she is awake, she constantly pops her little head up, with fairly impressive strength for her age, and holds it as long as she can while studying you with her dark eyes.  It warms my heart. 

A rare occasion- both arms are still in the swaddle.

I'm so hungry I could eat my own hand and you're just sitting there taking pictures.  Where's CPS when you need them?  Put them on speed dial.

But Moooom, we aren't even going anywhere.  Why am I dressed up?

Don't you just want to smooch her?!

No pictures please.  Just trying to cobra my Mama over here.

The standing position cobra.

Staring off into space.  Thinking deep thoughts about fans, lights and all the other interesting things this new world holds.

Relaxing like this only means one thing- sister must be at school.

Proof that I only give birth to belly sleepers.  I walked into the kitchen to make coffee while Brynn did some tummy time.  Returned to a passed out child.  Le sigh.

Is there a dress code at the pediatrician or what is this all about?

Mama thought if she got me dressed up like a little shopper that it might inspire me to get into Christmas shopping with her.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Brynn! She is just too precious, Mama Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous. Some of my favorite pictures are baby sleeping on daddy pics. Love it!

    ReplyDelete