Friday, December 26, 2014

Thanksgiving

Welcoming a new member of the family 9 days before Thanksgiving caused the Martin family holiday plan to deviate slightly from our standard routine.  The idea of packing up a newborn with an erratic eating schedule, and exhibiting signs of disdain for car seats akin to her older sisters, to be chauffeured by two sleep-deprived parents on a tour o' the city frankly caused Ryan and I to break out in hives.  Luckily our generous families understood and appeased our anxiety by agreeing to bring Thanksgiving to our house.

On Thursday November 27th, the actual day of Thanksgiving, Ryan's parents, Kylie & Tiffany played meals on wheels and brought a delectable spread with all the trimmings over to eat with us.  Thanks to the general scatterbrained state I was in, I took no pictures during the actual event.  Way to go, Mom.  Small silver lining?  I did manage to snap a few, albeit awful, photos of Emery & Brynn beforehand.  You'll just have to take my word that everyone was there and that we had a wonderful time.

I wasn't sure exactly when this lovebug would grace us with her presence, or how large she would be, so I didn't purchase any Thanksgiving duds for her.  Get used to these types of #mamafails, honey pie.

This one had zero interest in posing as requested.  Punishment?  A shot from behind.  At her age it's really not nearly as effective a disciplinary action as it is once you're my age.

Em really dug her turkey skirt.  Can't blame her- girlfriend looked good.

The next day, Friday November 28th (Happy Birthday Grandma!) my parents, Matt, Julie &David tried their hand at playing Meals on Wheels by delivering yet ANOTHER incredible feast to our newly minted family of four.  Once again- I took no pictures except before everyone arrived of our own little turkeys.  Maybe next year I'll have evidence that we actually hang out with others?  No promises though.  As always, the food was second only to the company.

What else do I need to put into my cart?  Is 48 animals enough?  Can I squeeze a 49th in?  Being 20 months old comes with such tough decisions.

Admiring bebe.  Then showing off her manual bouncing skills.

If you can't eat any of the goodies, you may as well just sleep.

I know this isn't my most verbose or picture heavy post, but Thanksgiving is not only one of my favorite holidays but it couldn't be a more appropriate one to celebrate right after having my second little miracle.  I truly can't thank our families enough for agreeing to bring the celebration to us.  We'll never be able to accurately express just how much it meant to us.  You guys are definitely the reason for the season!  I look forward to attempting to repay you all in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment