Friday, January 1, 2016

Day of Thanks 2015

You may or may not recall- but Thanksgiving took place this (I suppose at this point I should say "last") year.  On Thursday November 26th to be exact.  Despite the fact that I am just now getting around to blogging it, we did observe the holiday.  If you know our family you know we don't pass on opportunities to celebrate and/or eat.

We celebrated this holiday by doing our usual tour o' Houston, so I'll keep my verbiage short and sweet so we can all focus on what really matters- MORE pictures of my adorable offspring.  We started off the morning at our house where, despite not having procured holiday-themed outfits for the children, I decided a photo shoot needed to happen.  I have no less than 28 pictures from this 3 minutes that none of us will ever get back.

Mom, why is sis so silly?

This picture.  It sums these two right up.  Em laughing maniacally, most likely at herself, and Brynnie saying "uh uh uh."

Here they are actually smiling.  Not at me, of course.  At their Daddy.  Hey, I'll take what I can get.

Post photo shoot we all loaded up and headed to the Branch to celebrate with the Martin crew.  The day was marked by lots of food, lots of laps around the living room (not me) and looooots of laughter.  Em spends 80% of her time with Kylie laughing hysterically for no reason that any of us can identify.  To say that she idolizes her big cousin would probably be an understatement.  It melts my heart.  

Walk #1 to go check out the Johnson's lights.  If you haven't been, I recommend it.  Your kids will be in total awe of all the things to look at.  You'll be in total awe as you imagine trying to get your husband to agree to putting up that many lights.

Dr. Kylie checking out her patient while Emery the intern looks on.  When asked what his symptoms were he said, "I have a headache and I've been tooting a lot."  Sounds like a regular Thursday for him to me.

Two peas in a pod.  Are you wondering why Em has a different outfit on than in our original photoshoot?  Oh yes.  Let me share.  So Lola was bunking with Grandma & Pawpaw while we had the house on the market so we didn't have to worry about what to do with her for each showing.  Lola was so excited to see us when we walked in that she smacked her weapon tail so hard that it started bleeding.  She then was flinging blood everywhere.  Wouldn't be a family holiday if a load of laundry and approximately 400 paper towels were needed in the first 5 minutes, would it?

These 3 love this game.  They have their Pawpaw's heart for sure.

Standard.  I'm trying to take a picture and she's telling me what she needs.

Brynn's first (real) Thanksgiving.  I promise we fed her.  As you may have gathered from posts in the past, doing so is a two-handed affair.  Since I've not learned to take pics with my foot (YET), there aren't generally photos.

Walk #2 to the Johnson's to check out the lights.

We spent the night at Grandma & Pawpaw's which meant the girls had a slumber party.  They had an ah-mazing time.  Bright and early the next morning, after some delicious pumpkin cinnamon rolls, we hit the road and headed to Conroe.

We spent the remainder of the weekend there and, ONCE AGAIN, I failed miserably at taking pictures.  I have zero.  I do have pictures of Brynnie's Birthday parties, (stay tuned) but otherwise no physical evidence we were there.  If you doubt me, just look at the scale when I stand on it.  Trust me when I say the poundage shown can only be the result of the food consumed there.

As always- we had a great time.  Too much food, lots of games and lots of laughs.  And with that- another perfect holiday is in the books.  Thank you to all who hosted us for their generosity, hospitality and company.  We all love you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment