Saturday, January 2, 2016

Two-for- (Turning) One Special

This year, as you may have gathered, there was quite a bit going on around the time I should have been planning Brynn's birthday.  Each day I got up in the morning and promised myself that I would look up invitations and start planning.  Some how I got in bed each night with no recollection of how I'd spent a single minute of the day but knew that none of them included party research.  Work was crazy.  House-selling and renovating was crazy.  Some family events that cropped up were crazy.  

As the days crawled by I started to feel more and more guilty that the time was slipping away- especially in a season that was so busy not only for us but for everyone with the holidays approaching.  In talking to Ryan about it he reminded me that when I looked back on my childhood not only do I not remember anything before 4, but the things that I do remember aren't perfect decorations, awesome invitations or intricate themes.  The memories I cherish most are time spent with family and the excitement and wonder that go with all the little things that seem so big at the time- store bought cakes, wrapping paper, bows, etc.  He reminds me of these facts regularly but I normally brush them off.

The week before Thanksgiving I finally gave in to the fact that he was right and that with all that was going on I was going to drive myself into the ground if I tried to pull something together.  So I texted our families and asked if they would be up for having a small party in conjunction with celebrating Thanksgiving.  That way Brynnie got TWO parties (more is better to any kid, right?) and no one was inconvenienced or had to go out of their way.  Winning on all fronts.

So if you've been worried that you were left off of the invite list for a big bash for Boo Boo, rest assured you were not.  (Same goes for Xmas cards- once again, those didn't happen this year.  NEXT YEAR!  Seriously.)

At the Martin's, I mainly only captured the portion of celebration that matters most to kids- the present part.

What is all this attached to my present (the ribbon is the gift.  Duh)?  That box is kind of in the way of me enjoying it.

In awe.  I believe that is Kylie and Emery playing with another one of Brynn's presents in the background.

On Saturday November 28th when we woke up at my parents' house I immediately started setting up for Brynn's party because I was worried if I didn't do it, we would forget.  I have a bad habit of getting lazy (exhibit a: the fact that I never have pictures of our visits) when I get within a 2 mile radius of Camp Nonnie & Pawpaw.  You'll have to excuse the fact that we're in pajamas.  

The finest party-ware that Target had to offer.

View from the Birthday Princess' throne.

Cupcakes?!  For BREAKFAST?!  What did I do right?

What is it with you guys and putting things on my head?  Have I been unclear in the past?  I am NOT a fan.

Difficult to tell in this lighting but she's entertained by this tiny sparkler.

Not entertained by having to wait for food though.  Ever.

They're going to kill me for posting this photo, but how could I not capture how good they look in hats?!

Daddy and sis also rocking those hats.

If GCing doesn't work out, I really think he has a future in party hat modeling.

Doing much better with sweets than she was on her actual birthday.  Maybe those Mama genes are coming alive.

Doesn't look like she's too upset that she didn't have a big fancy party, does she?

Daddy's thinking "I'll never be able to match these."  Brynn's thinking, "he'll never be able to figure out these outfits."  Both accurate.

Sis wasn't interested in the clothing but showed up when toys got involved.


Happiest of Birthday (Parties) to our little Brynnie!  I hope you aren't upset with me for not having a big bash.  Maybe we will for your second birthday.  :c)  We love you more than we could ever possibly put into words!

1 comment:

  1. You are correct about that pic of Mom and me in hats -- pre-makeup, coffee, clothes for the day...cruel! ;)

    ReplyDelete