Saturday, June 12, 2010

Brendan Engaged Jen

Jen is my roommate and has been my best friend since 6th grade.  She first met Brendan, one of my fab coworkers, at my birthday party in Ocotber 2007.  They really hit it off at an EY Happy Hour a week later as they discovered their mutual love of 80s music and HHs.  By the end of October 2007 he was walking into our apartment without knocking - I knew he was a keeper.

On Friday April 16, 2010 Brendan sametimed me (internal work instant messenger): "It's time."  Many people probably would have thought this cryptic message meant it was time for him to put in his two weeks ... or time to grab lunch at Chic-Fil-A.  I knew exactly what it meant though and had to stifle an excited scream in the middle of a busy audit room.  He laid out his plan, which was flawless.  He planned to propose on the first night they were on vacation. 

This Friday began the most stressful 6 weeks of my life in terms of what I was allowed to say and not say.  I am not a good liar and Jen and I talk on gchat EVERY single day.  For as bad of a liar as I am, I'm even WORSE at keeping exciting things inside.  I like to tell everyone stuff that makes me giddy.  Luckily for me, most of this time she was out of town in Chicago... because if we'd had to talk on gchat all day in addition to real life, bad things could have transpired.

On Wednesday April 28, 2010 Brendan invited me to go along with him to the diamond guy he selected to let him know my thoughts on a few final details.  Its any girls dream to go play with diamonds.  It was even more special knowing that I was getting to help watch Jen's ring be created.  Thank you so much for letting me be a part of that, Brendan.

The breathtaking product of Brendan's hard work

On Wednesday May 26, 2010 Brendan proposed to Jen in Negril, Jamaica.  It's not my story to tell- sorry blog world, you'll just have to hear it from her.  What I WILL divulge though is that once again a love of food crept into a proposal.  Brendan kept trying to have a moment on the beach and Jen kept trying to hightail it to the buffet.  Apparently in my world, involvement of food is crucial to any successful engagement.

The happy couple, immediately post-engagement

Ring homecoming

On Friday June 4, 2010 we threw a surprise engagement party for Jen and Brendan at the Cellar Bar on Richmond.  (Sidenote:  best bar ever with the BEST bartender ever)  Actually, the party was really only a surprise for Jen.  I had to tell Brendan because he was under the impression the party was for he and Ryan's birthday and they had some ideas for themes that did not play well into engagement parties.  I'm sure you'll be privvy to some of these themes later on.  We lured a bunch of people up to the bar under the premise it was a birthday party for Brendan (and it kind of was), because his birthday was that day.  I threw Ryan in there (who's birthday was April 18th) in order to make it unnotable that I was REALLY excited to send an evite for Jen's future fiance's birthday.

Yay.

Jen & Brendan decor

Cupcakes - thanks, Sugarbaby's!

More decor

Congrats Jendan.

The fabulous bar ower, Ryan E, was nice enough to let us come early and set up a little area for our party.  He also was kind enough to devise shot specials for this occassion - a ball shot (for the ladies) and a chain shot (for the dudes).  In addition to this, no party is complete without karaoke. 

First round of balls & chains

After 4 good hours of karaoke, cupcakes, dollar dances for the future bride and groom, and lots of balls & chains - I think everyone would consider it a success.  Congratulations, Jen and Brendan!  I love you both so very much and am so excited for the rest of your lives... and my future room in your house.  :c)


Jen & Miss Lori

Justin & Brendan

Shawna, Dena, Caitlin, Melanie & Baby McClain

Brendan: "Is pregnancy contagious?"

Ryan, JT & Brendan

Classic karaoke remix of the Spice Girls

Shawna & Jen really feeling it.

Cupcake toast to the future Bride

Jen DOMINATED the dollar karaoke sing off...

...but that definitely in no way detered these 3 from singing every boy band song available.

Jen's boss getting DOWN in the name of love.

Mike was in town for his sister's HS graduation.  Did you know this is what your project grad chaperones were doing beforehand?

JKL, Caitlin, Justin Erin, Ryan, Dena, Jen, Melanie & Shawna

Brendan, Austin, Ramon & Uriel

Glowing Bride-to-Be & I

Congratulations to the lovebirds.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! I didnt even notice the sign... that is how many balls I drank that night. the shot... ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I had more balls than you could even imagine. And I drank a bunch of shots!

    JT: "I want a 2 for 1 special"
    Me: "Uhhh you sure?"
    JT: "I said I want one. Now lets go!"
    Me: "Ok man"
    JT: "Wait, do what now? Is all that for me?"
    Erin: "JTeee! Are you drinking all of that?"
    Me: "Erin, no worries. Its only 2 for 1 so its not that many."

    I think she bought it.

    ReplyDelete