Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ode to the Baby Bumps

According to Chinese astrology 2010 is the year of the Tiger.  I am instead proclaiming it the year of the baby.  I have a calendar full of due dates for the bulk of 2010. 

On a completely unrelated** note, it is also the year I conquer my fear of babies.  As many of you may know, I have a long history of fear of infants.  Yes, that's right - cheese and newborns terrify me.  When I was younger, fueled by Babysitters Club-driven ambition, I babysat lots of neighborhood kids.  (I got certified and everything - booyah!)  However, if someone called with a child under about 2- I would send Julie.  I was 16, she was 12.  I was so brave.

Babies are just so breakable.  I'm not sure if you've noticed (please see elbow incident 2k5) but I'm not so graceful.  Also, I'm not good with awkward silences - I usually fill them with akward chatter.  If you sit there quietly long enough I might just tell you my whole life story.  Fun fact: brand new babies can not talk.  I know, I was surprised too.

After seeing Kylie and getting to hold her, I have realized that I love that little peanut too much to be scared of her.  Ta da!  When I saw Ryan trying to talk to her about WWF, I realized that the content of your babbling is REALLY not important.. and it's actually a blessing that they don't understand you.

Now that my fear has been conquered, I could not be more excited about all of the cuteness that is pouring into my life this year and I highly encourage all of you to have babies!  I will even hold them.  :c)  I can't wait to see who all is having a baby in 2k11! 

And now for the baby line up 2k10:

MARCH 2010
Miss Shiloh Renee
Parents: Travis (my cousin) & Miranda


JUNE 2010
Miss Kylie Marie
Parents: Ryan and Tiffany (my future brother and sister in law)

She'd cure your fear of infants too.


JULY 2010
Mr Noah Dexter
Parents: Taylor and Jenn

Noah might end up being a beauty queen with parents this hot.  (JK Taylor)

AUGUST 2010
Mr. Tripp Thomas
Parents: Kara (my cousin) and Paul

If Tripp is anything like his big sister, Ava, then he will be the cutest little blonde boy in the world.

OCTOBER 2010
Mr. Baby Peden
Parents: Zac and Erin


I think Kate's thinking about how cute her new little brother will look when she shares her headband with him.  Beaaaautiful family!

NOVEMBER 2010
Mr/Miss Baby McClain
Parents: Jonathan & Melanie

I can't wait to play Singstar with Baby McClain - especially if she/he has their Daddy's singing genes.

** jk, this is actually a TOTALLY related note

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you had this many small humans coming into your life! And to think we thought it was WEDDING season...sign of being old I think. Who is next?!

    ReplyDelete