Friday, June 18, 2010

The palm leaf doesn't fall far from the tree...

I'm a little out of order here, but for Memorial Day weekend Ryan had to work through Sunday, then we were supposed to head to Galveston for Caitlin's birthday.  Not wanting to sit around, I headed up to the lake to visit the family with visions of the following dancing in my little head:


Quality time in one of these...

with this crew...

while enjoying a few of these.

Instead, as I was getting out of the car I was greeted with the following:

Is this not your typical greeting when you go home?

Apparently it was time for the annual trimming of the palms. This year the boys determined that ladders were very 2009. Instead, they rented the bad boy pictured above. Never a dull moment!

How high does that go?  Oh, let me just show you.



Wow.  But... how did you get the ones in the backyard?  Nooooot a problem.





If you ever find yourself puzzled over my pattern of thought (or fashion choices), please keep these images in mind. I am, after all, a direct descendant of this man.


3 comments:

  1. a.) BAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH... the description of those pictures made them EVEN BETTER than they already are.
    b.) Does that float have like controls on it? Or... what are those red stick things?
    c.) That crew is RRIIIGGHHHHTT on... but you just need to add in Rachel.
    d.) you left out your little missed trip mishap. ;)
    e.) you also forgot our drinking game to Bridezillas. ;) I think I may incorporate that game into your Bachelorette party... but we'll drink whenever someone says bride or something instead... b/c I KNNOOW you won't be a bridezilla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're TOOOOOO funny Amy!!! You're doing such a good job chronicling our family adventures! LOL That puppy sure did the trick on our trees though, I wasn't as scared as when Dad and Matt were climbing ladders to get this job accomplished in 2009! Thanks honey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pic of Matt using it to get onto the roof to spray for bugs?

    ReplyDelete