Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happily Ever After: The Stewart Edition

This past weekend I had the honor of attending my adorably chic friend, Ashley's, nuptials to Travis in good ol' ATX at Green Pastures.  The venue was absolutely stunning.  It is an adorably charming mansion set amidst towering, old, begging-you-to-climb-them trees.  Ashley and Travis got married in the sprawling backyard underneath a chandelier.  Talk about speaking to my heart.  I dream of every room in my house having a chandelier.  (Shh, Ryan.  It's what Candice Olsen would want).

After their touching ceremony we headed up towards the back of the house to have a cocktail hour on the lawn.  As Kathryn put it - it looked like a perfect painting of a garden party.  After that we had a fabulous meal inside in quaint little rooms throughout the house.  I liked my meal so much that I suspect it had cheese and I ate it anyway!  (Mom - this must be that "maturing" you were talking about).  We finished up the night with way too much dancing.  Badly of course on my part. 

It was so much fun to get to see old friends and to catch up.  As usual, I took way too many pictures.  Thanks to the fabulous-ness of the wine selection, some of them are not so suitable for posting.  Enjoy the ones that I think pass muster.

Thank you to the Stewarts for letting us share in your day... we had way too much fun.  The evening was the embodiment of Ashley - goregous, one of a kind, and timeless.  :c)  I'm so happy for you both!

Green Pastures... I was walking fast and Ryan was yelling at me to stop taking pictures.  (No elbows were sacrificed in the making of this photo)

Show me your peacock (I pray you don't know the song this references)

Pretty chandelier

Ryan's fan.  Which happens to double as a wedding program.

Studly groom & co

The beautiful bride

They were both absolutely glowing

Mr. & Mrs. Stewart

Place setting table.

Beautiful Brides Cake

Groom's Cake.  Good ol' H-Town throwback... gotta love it.

Fantastic centerpiece

Ashley & I

Royale, Me, Kerry, Michelle & Ashlie

Seriously- glowing.

Mr. Bondy & Ashley

Kathryn & I

That's a wrap.

3 comments:

  1. sppeee doooooww ba be dow doooww speee da be da da be dooowww... if you don't know this.. you aren't a true candance olsen fan. haha. Looks like you had a good time. P.S. You can never take enough photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress amy. And unfortunately I too made the mistake of buying katy perry's new cd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie and Shawna already took my witty comments that came to mind. Sooooo... Good blog Amy!! :)

    ReplyDelete