Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mr & Mrs Hermano de Dios

On April 29th, two of my favorite people in the world got engaged.  After the best half decade of his life, Austin decided it was time to take Shawna off the market officially.  Also I hear there was a royal wedding that day?  I had not noticed.

Austin is one of Ryan's childhood friends.  They rode bikes into the pool together.  They had 90210 gab sessions together every morning during the summer.  (It's a wonder they're getting married to females, isn't it?)  They struck out with chicks on the daily at Bikini Beach together.  They played baseball together.  They took the AOL world by storm together.  They stashed a bunch of empty beer cans under Austin's bed together. (Unless Austin's parents are reading this - then yes, it was definitely just Ryan).  I absolutely adore Austin and am so glad to have found a fiance who comes with such great friend accessories.

I joke on our wedding website that Shawna is the best thing I've gotten out of Ryan & I's relationship and that is probably really only about a half joke.  While it started out with me being scared to death of her due to a facebook wall post gone awry, I am so appreciative of our friendship now.  Probably due to all those long 90210 talks, our significant others are eerily similar and I know that if there's one person who will be able to relate to (or at least help make fun of) anything that Ryan says - it's Shawna.  Not to mention she's super fun.  Long story short- if things ever went south, I'm keeping Shawna.      

Austin asked in December for some advice in case he you know, hypothetically, "wanted to buy a diamond ring for like his Mom or something."  I think I got that email December 9th,which was conveniently right before I spent 2 weekends with Shawna and a host of adult beverages celebrating Mrs. Jenn Gartz's wedding.  Luckily I kept my big trap shut.  I say Austin asked for advice but really he just wanted to know what to stay away from and he picked out an absolutely stunning ring completely by himself. 


He proposed in their beautiful backyard and afterwards we went over to deliver the essentials - bridal mags, champagne and a ballon shaped like a sombrero that said "FIESTA" and to celebrate.  I am so, so very happy for you two and can't imagine a better person for each of you.  I look forward to a lifetime of intense "what if" games, lake weekends and Ebay home decorating.   

Bringing the celebration essentials- beer, an aptitude for double fisting and...

... a tasty sombrero?


The future Sumerlins


Revelers.


Aged mama juana even < fresh mama juana


Proud mama in law

Yay for getting a daughter!

Engagements inspire choreographed dancing.  True story.

Beth also secured herself a new soulmate that night- Mr. Jasper.


Blonde sandwich.

1 comment:

  1. I have NO idea how you were able to keep this a secret for so long. Ryan knew better than to mention your engagment to me because, well, I just was too excited I would have exploded with that much time to think about it! :)

    Thanks for all the sweet words, all your help (for austin) and making life more fun! I'm counting down the minutes til July 9th!

    ReplyDelete