Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloweekend

Do you see what I did there with the title?  I made a mashable out of Halloween & weekend.  How is it I am not a celeb gossip columnist already?!  Pffft.

To be quite honest with you - I'm not much of a Halloween-er (if you just giggled, you must also have a marginally perv-y husband).  Every year of adult life I've managed to avoid it either through mid-terms, interim and/or buying a house.  This year I had zero excuses and the alternative was sitting at home feeling guilty about the fact that I should probably unpack some things.  Unpacking things appeals to me about as much as multiplication flash cards so Halloween 2011 chalked up a win.

Ryan & I set out on Friday morning to find some fabulous costumes that required zero creativity on our parts.  Nothing says commitment to a holiday like setting out the morning of and refusing to look anywhere other than Target or Walmart.  Luckily, we each managed to find one that not only paid hommage to our long-lost youth, but was suitably embarrassing.  Mission: accomplished!


Big Bird & Super Mario.  Why yes, those are ladies' gloves.

The evening of said costume purchases, we went over to Shawna & Austin's for a good old-fashioned house party.  We mingled with Spartan cheerleaders, had a bird convention, gave beer to bums, learned about the holidays and played some flip cup.  All in all- adult Halloween was actually a pretty good time and I would consider repeating it in the future.  Thanks, as always, for allowing us to invade your house, Shaustin.  Ya'll are the best!

Who's that Spartan in my Teepee?

So a Spartan cheerleader, Mario & a Jamaican "salesman" walk into a bar...

Photobombing makes for angry birds.  (Do you see what I did there?!  Gosh I'm on FIRE.)

Mary the Octopus & Jenn.  2 Ladies... 12 Legs.

Uriel Hammer.

Insert your own caption here.

My sisters - White Trash & Homeless Bum.  Making our parents proud!

Cynthia & Gus.

The angry bird swiffering in heels.  Mid party.  This one is probably my fav.

This being our first Halloween as homeowners, I was excited to hand candy out to the trick or treaters.  Ryan & I had no decor whatsoever, but in order to ensure some festivity, we dressed up our dear Lola.  Despite the fact she appears incredibly miserable in these pictures, she actually handled the costume like a champ.  Being the social butterfly that she is, a holiday where random people come to knock at the door and look at you was a dream come true.  I believe we've found the Martin who loves Halloween the most.  I hope everyone else's Halloween was as filled with ridiculous attire and chocolate as ours.

Bad Lap Dog.

Yes, we did this.

HAHAHAHHA.  She seriously looks so much more miserable in these pictures than she was.  Don't call the SPCA on us, please.

She's so fierce.

See?  All was forgiven.  (Yes, Ryan did answer the door wearing a big bird head.  Upon reflection, not the best idea when child-less in a new neighborhood.)

2 comments:

  1. I literally LOL'd at the picture of Lola in her 'cell'! AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the winner goes to Ryan wearing big bird while holding prisoner lola.

    You looked way prettier in that costume by the way.

    ReplyDelete