Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanks-Full: Edition 1

The older I get, the more I realize how richly I've been blessed.  This past year has made me especially aware of this fact thanks to the outpouring of love Ryan & I experienced in the whole tying of the knot process in addition to all the other exciting changes that have taken place in our lives during 2011.  There is no greater time than November, the home of Thanksgiving, to specifically take time to call out the things you're thankful for. 

Therefore, I'm going to think of at least one thing I'm thankful for each day this month and I'll post them each Thursday.  Of course, the brilliance driving this plan didn't strike until after the first Thursday, so I'll be catching myself up in the first edition.  Don't worry, no skimping on gratitude for me!

  • Tuesday November 1st- My husband.  I know I make fun of him a lot (rightfully so), but he is truly the best partner in the world.  He cooks, he cleans, he does yard work, he does laundry, he helps take care of Lola Bean and I could not do it without him.  Most importantly - he makes up funny songs.  Thanks lova. 
Yeah, I put a ring on that.
  • Wednesday, November 2nd - Diet Cream Soda.  I hate diet drinks but this one does not suck.  Without it, I would be very thirsty at lunchtime.

  • Thursday, November 3rd - Color-coding.  How would I ever be able to glance quickly at a spreadsheet and tell which cost center expenses were assigned to without this tool?  I wouldn't my friends, I WOULDN'T. 

  • Thursday, November 3rd - Workout buddies.  At my new job, there is a gym on site employees can use for free.  This is amazing, right?  So amazing that I'd made it nearly a month without going.  Theeeeen Thursday my work-friend and I hit the gym.  I laughed a lot and got my fitness on.  Hallelujah for other people to make me get my butt in shape.

  • Friday, November 4th - SBux Salted Caramel Mocha.  Going to work on a Friday is rough.  Bribing yourself to do so with a fabulous seasonal beverage makes it borderline exciting.

I didn't take this picture.

  • Saturday, November 5th - Family Texting.  Told Papa bear I loved him before he left for Africa on business.  Sent Mama bear a precious picture of Lola.  Sent the S-Bend family lots of fun party texts.  Without having a text-savvy family, I wouldn't be nearly the multi-tasker I am today.

  • Sunday, November 6th - Crock Pots.  These babies make even the worst chefs (read: me) feel like Emeril.  Maximum aromacy, minimum effort.  Who doesn't love that? 

I totally made that.  Mmmmm... chicken & corn chilli.

  • Monday, November 7th - Blogger.  This significantly cuts into my online shopping time which makes for a happy wallet and a happy Mr. 

  • Tuesday, November 8th - Google Images.  I can't tell you how many things I google image.  This morning for instance this huge bird that sits on the ledge of windows on our floor came to visit again.  Popped "hawk" and "falcon" into google image and bam- learned he is a Peregrine Falcon (I think).  Google Images = My Pintrest.

  • Wednesday, November 9th - Oak Trees.  I fell in love with our neighborhood, and our house, initially because of the huge oak trees.  The part of Baker I take home is lined with oak trees as well and just driving down that road puts me at peace.  Maybe it's the shadows they make, maybe it's their perfect tree shape or maybe it's just their size and strength... regardless, something about oak trees reminds me that  there are more important things in this world than the spreadsheets I can't fix and/or the formulas I can't figure out. 

     
    1.5 of my beloved oak trees.
  • Thursday, November 10th - My Siblings.  I can't imagine a few days without a picture text from my sister or a family gathering without a diatribe from my brother about stereo speakers or the latest Apple product.  I am so thankful to be one of 3... especially when the other 2 have turned into such wonderful adults. 

1 comment:

  1. Wooo... I like this, although I'm bummed I didn't make the family text message section! ;)

    ReplyDelete