Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks-Full: Edition 3

Happy Turkey Day everyone!  I hope this post finds you surrounded by love, family and food.

  • Friday, November 18th - Health.  The older I get, the more exposure I have to serious illness.  Cancer in particular is something that has had a huge effect on both sides of my family within the past year.  I know youth and health are fleeting, so I vow to be thankful as long as I am granted it. 

  • Saturday, November 19th - Michael Buble. Nothing turns a day around for me like hearing a little Buble on the radio.  It's impossible to be in a bad mood while listening to him.  I dare you to try.  Oh, and the sentimentalist in me would point out that Ryan and I's first dance was to the Bubs.  Thanks, fella.

    Crazy Love.
  • Sunday, November 20th - Sunday Night Dinner.  Recently Ryan and I started making a nice meal Sunday night.  I've tried a new recipe every Sunday for the last 5 or 6 weeks and its made a day I used to dread into one of my favorites.  Tonight: crab cakes and cornbread.  Cue the elastic sweatpants!

  • Monday, November 21st - Lola.  I just can't say enough how happy this little beast and her tail of fury make me.  I'm incredibly thankful that she is ours, despite her continuous flatulence.  Like father, like puppy.


My love.

  • Tuesday, November 22nd - Happy Hour.  Tonight we had an impromptu HH with friends.  Now that I'm a 'burbanite I don't do this nearly enough.  Drink specials, great company and lots of laughs- what more could a girl ask for? 

  • Wednesday, November 23rd - Slumber Parties.  Tonight we are sleeping over at Ryan's parents house which will kick off a weekend of slumber parties with the Martins & the Boarmans.  I can't wait to hang out, stay up late, watch bad tv and play with family.  It will be just like when I was 13, but probably with less Ouija board.


Who wouldn't want to have a party de slumber with this cutie patootie?

  • Thursday, November 24th - Family Time.  As I'm sure you've gathered if you are a vigilant blog-reader (that's you Mom & Julie!), I am a HUGE fan of my family.  Both my birth family and my in-laws.  I could go on and on, but I'll spare you all.  The bottom line is that I've been blessed with the most loving, loyal and FUN family that a girl could possibly have.  Today that is what I'm most thankful for.  I LOVE YOU FAMILIA!
P.S. Today Ryan and I are attending the UT/TAMU game together in College Station.  I wonder what the Vegas odds on us surviving this would be?  HOOK 'EM!


... Til Gabriel blows his horn.

No comments:

Post a Comment