Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanks-Full: Edition 2

  • Friday, November 11th - My job.  As an adult, especially in this economy, I am thankful to have a job period.  I feel exceedingly lucky because I not only have a job, but I have one that I like.  I love lots of things about my job, but today its the fact that I'm not there.  9/80s- HOLLA.
   
  • Saturday, November 12th - My friends.  Without them, who would ever tag inappropriate pictures of me?  Who would wish me a happy birthday a month late?  How would I ever have perfected my I'm-not-reading-a-totally-ridiculous-text-right now face?  I love each of you oodles. 

Who would I hang out with in all yellow?

Who would I down 5 Hours with before I walked down the aisle?


  • Sunday, November 13th - Honey Wheat Pretzels.  They're crunchy.  They're delicious.  They're part of my lunch most days. 

  • Monday, November 14th - The feeling I get walking into our house.  Sure we don't have furniture.  Sure our couch is a trainwreck.  Sure we are still using an ill-sized rug in the living room to keep Lola from scratching the floors.  There are a lot of things our house doesn't have, but when I walk in and hear the hubs playing video games with pre-teens and see the little beast who's so excited that her entire body wags - I'm reminded that what it does have is more important.  That is the feeling of really being home.  
My boos.

  • Tuesdsay, November 15th -  Target.  If Target doesn't have it, you probably don't need it.  (Not to be read literally, Ryan Martin).

  • Wednesday, November 16th - Date Night In.  Give me Chinese food and some good DVR on the couch or give me death!  Is that not how that quote goes? 


  • Thursday, November 17th - My Parents.  Today is my wonderful Mother's Birthday.  What better day than today** to be thankful for the people who gave me life?  This is meant to be a short paragraph, so there's surely not room to list all the things I'm thankful for, but near the top are the values they instilled in me, the ability to laugh at myself and the example of unselfish love they set for me.  Also high on the list- the fact that my Mom would always make a version of dinner without cheese for yours truly.  Who's spoiled?  I hope your day is wonderful, Mom!  Love you too, Daddio!

All together... awwwww.

** for the record I'm thankful every day.

2 comments:

  1. haha.. I like this post. Mom and Dad are ppreetttyyyyy GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thankful posts. Can you do them all year long!??! Please. On another note, SFP is currently hiring a blog writer. Inquire within.

    ReplyDelete