Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Many Faces of Emery

I'm not sure if this is typical of babies since this is my first (at least that Ryan is aware of - zing!), but Emery has about a million different faces.  If Madonna were ever to shoot a baby video for "Express Yourself," I don't think she'd have a choice but to cast our daughter as the star.  Between her hands and her eyebrows, she is constantly communicating something- whether she knows it or not.

I withheld a lot of my favorite pictures from my previous post because I wanted to use them in this one.  I think that I have MOST of her facial expressions documented below, but there is one she makes frequently that I still haven't been able to capture.  It always surfaces when you take the swaddle off- she immediately stretches her arms out and raises her eyebrows in a very snooty fashion.  I'm sure I will eventually catch it and post it for your viewing pleasure.  

As you can see below, several of these were shot in rapid succession.  I could sit and watch her little face for hours and be entertained. We'll see if you feel the same because I'm betting it will take you at least an hour to scroll through all of these.  :c)  I hope that I never forget what any of these little expressions look like and I look forward to seeing them mature into their adult version.  Although I'm not quite as excited about the eye roll that will inevitably be added in the teenage years, but that's a problem for another day, isn't it?   We love you little bug!

*gasp* You don't say!

Whatever I'm looking at is almost as miraculous as me eating my hand AND pulling my ear at the same time.  Is anything more miraculous than that?  I think not.

What?!  IU lost?  That's really going to destroy my bracket.  Oohhh, the agony.

The infant version of stroking your fictional beard.

What are you looking at?

Whoa.  What's on your face?!  (For the record it was a purifying mask).

Hahaha - Nonnie, you're so funny.

I think she was dreaming about serenading someone.  With that type of drama it was probably a Celine Dion song.

Shut up!  No way that happened...

... That's so troubling.  How are we ever going to tell Dad?...

... Let me look out into the distance while I formulate a plan.

March Madness makes for a lot of nail-biting even for infants.

 A missed lay up?!

 No interviews or pictures please.

Plotting how long I'll scream for tonight.  Last night I did 4 hours.  Do I think Mom & Dad can handle 5?  We'll see.

Who me?!

Don't listen to her, Dad.  Someone else made that diaper dirty, I swear.

Channeling Popeye.

 Huh?

She's got that damsel in distress look DOWN.  I've taught her well already.

 This is what this damsel actually looks like when she's in distress.

Practicing her hand modeling for when Rolex calls.

 It's going to take you HOW LONG to warm that bottle?

I just don't know if I can make it that long.

Get.  Out.

Teen Mom is such a train wreck, but I can't look away!

Last but not least- Mama's favorite gummy smile.

And a bonus video of my little lady showcasing multiple of the faces you see above.  Plus hiccups.  Who doesn't love a good case of baby hiccups?

2 comments: