Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Visiting Hours

Breaking News:  my (almost) 4 week old angel is STILL keeping mama busy.  Based on the fact that she still insists on being held nearly 24/7 and Papa Bear is now back at work, I'm starting to think that I should have trained for parenthood by playing Twister on a daily basis.  You haven't lived until you've tried to put a bowl on the bottom of the dishwasher without making your little one's head bobble.  Suffice it to say, I've not yet discovered how to blog while holding her yet.  Maybe that will be a 2 month milestone?

I originally planned to split my baby girl posts up by day or time frame or something.  That was before I realized that there's no such thing as a perfect newborn world.  Sooo... I've come up with a schematic that makes sense in my head and I'm going to do my very best to get it all posted so I'm caught up.  This little lady grows by the day, and I don't want to deprive any of her fans (read: grandparents) of up to the minute photos.

Todays post is a shout out to all the people who have shown Miss Emery some love- either through feeding her parents delicious meals, sending her fabulous gifts or coming to visit her- since March 6th.  She needs to know when she's older who all she should include in her acceptance speech when she wins the Grammy her father is so sure she is destined for.  Unfortunately, her mother and father have been absolutely terrible at photographing.  So, I'll try to include pictures of the people/items that I have captured and will give a verbal shout out to the rest of you.  If you have pictures from coming to visit her, please feel free to send them my way so I can post them.

The Givers.

  • Mama's Office Finance Team
  • Daddy's Office Desk
  • Grandpa's Office Project Team
  • Aunt Julie
  • Cathy S & Rick B
  • Miss Mindy
  • Aunt Melissa
  • Our Sweet Neighbors, the M's
  • Miss Dixie
  • Aunt Caiters
The Feeders.
  • Great Aunt Pam & Great Uncle Bob
  • Miss Shelley
  • Nonnie (My Mama)
  • My Sweet Second Parents, Mrs. Brenda & Mr. Tom
  • Aunt Shawna & Uncle Austin
  • Aunt Melanie & Uncle Jonathan
The Visitors.
  • Granny/MawMaw (Ryan's Mom), PawPaw (Ryan's Dad)
  • Aunt Tiffy & Cousin Kylie
  • All of the Feeders above
  • Miss Becca
  • Miss Mindy
  • Aunt Jen
  • Aunt Melissa
The most special of all thank you's goes out to my Mamacita (Nonnie).  She came over to stay with us for a week after Miss Emery's arrival.  She stayed up late with us, woke up early with us, changed diapers, kept us fed and essentially just kept us going.  She continues to come over every time she has a few free hours to let us catch a nap or run a few errands.  I literally do not know what I would do without her.  We are so, so very lucky to have her in our lives.  Thank you Mom!

There are countless other people who have lent a listening ear and/or offered their support, compliments and love via text or phone call as well.  Far too many to name here.  Just know that in whatever way you have reached out, we really just can't thank you enough.  We are slowly working on getting you proper thank you notes but I wanted to document it all here as well.  Just know that in these first few trying weeks, anything you have done has helped in immeasurable ways.  Ryan, Emery and I are all grateful beyond words.  You keep us going.  And by going, I do mean pacing the floors with our princess at all hours of the night.  We love you all!

The gorgeous flowers Mama's Office sent.


First day home from the hospital, opening a present from Grandpa's Office Team.  Aren't I a beautiful flower of love?  (Sarcasm font).

Emery modeling her precious new footwear from Mama & Daddy's awesome neighbors.

Nonnie occupying Miss Emery after her traumatic 8 minute ride home from the hospital.

Melanie & Jonathan.  I think those smiles say - "I'm ready for number 2."

Melanie holding our baby while keeping a watchful eye on her own...

...who looks to have things under control.  Here's one of Jake for the future wedding slide show.  He's got that come hither look on lock-down.

Aunt Julie admiring her favorite Princess.  (You are WELCOME for dressing up for the occasion.)

Aunt Tiffany cuddling with our little boo.

Granny smiling at our little lady.  We'll work on classy leg positioning starting around month 3.  For now we'll let her enjoy this time.

Aunt Shawna with Miss Emery when she came to take her newborn photos.  You'll get to see those in an upcoming post, don't you worry.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some sweet pants you came home in.

    Also, nice Billabong shirt. That HAS to be Ryguy's. And you should tell him the 90's called and said, "Dude...way to keep us alive, man!"

    And aren't mom's the best???? There may be a period of about 10+ years where all we do is struggle with establishing a new relationship with them as mother to ADULT daughter, but then...then it's epic. Best friend, confidant, aide and assistant and full-time loving Gma to the sweetest little gal in town.

    That doesn't share my own blood. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a copy of the picture of nonnie in her visor and Emery! So cute!

    ReplyDelete