Thursday, May 23, 2013

Turrible Twos?

On May 16th our sweet doggie child turned the big 0-2 (that doesn't work as well with single digits, does it?).  Did you think we had forgotten about her?   Well join the party because I think she sure does.  Twos will only be terrible for Lola in the sense that she was recently robbed of her only child status without being consulted on the matter.

Poor Lola has been such a trooper in welcoming Emery home.   I think she's finally come to realize that this tiny noisemaker isn't going anywhere any time soon.  Not that she understands why this is the case because as far as she's concerned the whole thing is just a hassle.  It means less cuddle time for her, a noisier limo ride to visit her grandparents and more obstacles to contend with in her living room.   

I have to give her credit though because she has accepted and dealt with it all without once acting up.  She is careful and sweet with Emery.  She takes a different route to the couch if Emery is doing tummy time on the floor. She leaves her toys alone (with the exception of Sophie... she's learned that if she puts a paw on top of Sophie she squeaks- which is the bees knees in mastiff world apparently).  We really couldn't have landed ourselves a better first baby if we had picked traits off of a menu.  We got far too lucky with you, dear Miss Lola.

In order to appropriately celebrate Princess Whiskerface, we made a family trip to the dog park.  I think that is Lola's second favorite place in the world... after Ryan's lap, obviously.  She ran around chasing dogs like the greyhound she is in her mind.  She drank that nasty water from the pool there.  She hunted squirrels.  She hijacked another dog's bath.  Basically she had her dream day.  On top of that, later on that evening she scored a pig ear and some table scraps with her dinner.  What more could a dog ask for?!

Thank you, thank you to our precious Lola-face for being so good-natured and bringing so much joy to our family.  Your antics put a smile on our face daily.  We love you way, way too much missy!  I can't wait to watch you and Emery become best friends later this year when she starts finger foods.  Then I promise you'll be the number one proponent of keeping her.  ;c)  Happiest of Birthdays to our baby!

The birthday girl in her birthday chariot.

It's my birthday so my parents can't yell at me when I drink this gross water.  (Please note even her new friend looks disgusted.)

Emery always gets butt shots.  I don't want Lola thinking I favor her.  You're welcome, readers.

My eyes are closed.  You can't see me to tell me it's time to go home.

This is not what bath time looks like at your house?

I know this is blurry but I couldn't resist taking this picture.  Lola loves her Daddy more than anything in the world.  It's adorable.

Lola visiting her grandparents.  :c)

Guarding the noisemaker.

This is really all there is to tummy time?

Birthdays and babies are really exhausting.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Lola! She is adorable. The funny thing with Cooper is that he was never too keen on Autumn. He was an only child for 6 years before she came along. He was never aggressive towards her, but you could tell he just thought she was an annoyance. Now, that Olivia is here he loves her. I think it finally hit him that these little mini humans weren't going away anytime soon, and that they do in fact grow into bigger humnas that can give a dog food and lots of hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lollers!!!! I love that dog! She makes me want a big one...except she poops the size of humans.

    She looks like she had QUITE the birthday. Y'all are such great parents!

    ReplyDelete