Monday, August 19, 2013

i(Phone) Spy: Month Five - Emery

Somehow, despite my lack of consent, another month has gone by.  Being the diligent Mama-razzi that I am, I'm posting about a gajillion more pictures to get you through this lunch hour.  You're welcome.

If she wakes up before Mama is ready, she gets relegated to the bouncer in the bathroom.  Obviously this thrills her.

This month Emery stopped consistently scooting herself to the northeast corner of her Pack n' Play.  Now it's like baby position roulette.  You never know how you'll find her.

A rare happy before-school photo shoot.  You'll see how rare as you continue to scroll.

First time in her big girl stroller.  Evidently she was a smidge less excited than I was.  We'll blame that on the fact her sock was falling off.

Those guys are stilllll hanging around.  Should I fake number them or what?

Tap, tap.  Hey- baby in the mirror.  This is kind of my territory.  Scram.

This is the day that I learned 3 outfit changes in 10 hours is where I draw the line.  After that just a diaper will do.

Another pre-school photo shoot.  She inherited her Daddy's fondness for the morning.  They're about as friendly as a snapping turtle.

I can chew on this toy and roll over at the same time.  She has this multi-tasking thing down.

Maybe if I lay on this magic blanket I'll get some attention?

This was one Wednesday morning right after Ryan came home from working a night.  Tell me that doesn't melt your heart.

HEY!  What did I say about pictures in the morning?!

You are reaaaaaal hard headed, Mom.

So excited to meet Harper that she couldn't keep her eyes open.

Mom, Aunt Shawna said she is about to teach me the most important lesson of all-time...

...the art of the selfie.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- we have this parenting thing on lock-down.

Bonding with Aunt Melanie and her new BFF or potential BF.

Another winner for the wedding slide show.

How did my toys get so far away?  Was it rolling around like the Tasmanian devil?

Life with Emery Lesson #5876:  Pre-breakfast pictures aren't recommended.

Much better.

Why, I do declare... I love this new bow, Mom.  Don't listen to Dad- I think it was the best $9 you have ever spent.

The moment right after we saw her get up on her elbows and knees for the first time.  That's almost as good as capturing the milestone itself, right?  (P.S. It's clear who was in charge of dressing the munchkin this day.)

Daddy forcefully positioning her thumb into a gig 'em.  Please note the sheer terror in her eyes.

Don't.  Touch.  Zelda.

Doing her best seal impression.  Impressive, huh?

That baby in the mirror is smiling at me!

Mama is really trying to get some mileage out of that new bow.

Like father, like daughter.  Also, why does she look 2?!

Oh you know... Just climbing her Mama when she's supposed to be eating.

This was a fun morning for the boogs & I.  Daddy wasn't around and it was particularly hard to drop her off at school because she was being so freaking cute.

That fourth monkey looks a littttttle different than the other three.

Sweet angel cuddling with some caterpillar thing at school.

Wanna be a baller.  Shot crawler.  Yeah... It's time to wrap this bad boy up because the Mama's cleverness is rapidly deteriorating.

Will Daddy keep trying to force my thumb into a gig 'em next month?  Stay tuned to find out.

1 comment: