Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Twenty's Company

From June 28th through July 8th, we were fortunate enough to have the majority of my Mom's side of the family down visiting from Indiana.  I thought long and hard about how to and originally planned to lump everything all in one post.  Doing so meant that technically this "event" ended after Emery's birthday and so I should post about her hitting the big 4 months.

Theeeeen I looked at the total # of pictures between my Dad's camera & my iPhone and realized my computer would probably crash if I tried to cram everything all in one post.  This revision in methodology means that my blog is now OUT OF CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.  This fact very much disrupts my inner chi. It is what it is though.  So I apologize. Just pretend you put your CD player on shuffle.

I'm going to split their visit into the following posts: (1) the daily vacation grind, (2) 'Merica's Birthday, (3) the zoo and (4) the Last Supper.  How did I arrive at such a haphazard split?  Based on the volume of pictures at my disposal.  Duh.  Now with the administrative issues out of the way... let's get crackin'.

Given the subject of this post is all the stuff that isn't 4th of July or the Brady Bunch goes out to Dinner- I'm not sure how to adequately summarize everything we did.  So luckily for you I'll let the pictures do most of that talking and I'll just hit a few highlights verbally.

Okay, so for those of you less familiar with the inner workings of my awesome family, let me break it down for you in the form of a legend.  I don't want you as confused with the names I was reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
  • Grandpa - my Mom's Dad
  • Jan - one of my Mom's two sisters
  • Tom - Jan's hubby
  • Kara - Jan & Tom's daughter
  • Paul - Kara's hubby
  • Ava - Paul & Kara's 6 year old daughter
  • Tripp - Paul & Kara's (ALMOST) 3 year old son
  • Jean - the other of my Mom's two sisters
  • John - Jean's boyfriend
  • Ashleigh - Jean's daughter
  • Kyle - Ashleigh's hubby
  • Lucy - Ashleigh & Kyle's 6 month old daughter
You with me so far?  We missed Travis (Jan & Tom's son), Miranda (Travis' wife) and Shiloh (Travis & Miranda's 3 year old daughter) a ton, and of course we are forever missing Taylor (Jean's son), but they were all there in spirit!  Home base for the week was my parent's house in Conroe. 

After way too many flight delays, team Indiana arrived in way past my bedtime on Friday June 28th.  I had the munchkin asleep and passed out myself on the couch.  I'm sure they were super thrilled to be greeted by my sleepy face imprinted with leather sofa seam.

The bulk of the week was spent eating way too much food, perfecting our sun tans (or burns for some of us- I'm talking to you Kyle), making trips to Walmart, having WW3-level water gun fights, watching the dogs chase the kids, helping Aunt Jan with wardrobe malfunctions, constantly trying to monitor whether "baby sleeping" or "baby wake up," making mixed drinks, trying to keep tabs on Tripp/Jimmy James outings, modeling hats, eating snocks, playing euchre, fishing, taking the jeck-skis out, watching Pipp and Av showcase their swimming prowess, having a very intense hand stand competition and trying to make sure all 4 kiddos were adequately fed, moderately clean and happy... 5 if you count Alissa.  Oh and laughing.  Did I mention laughing?  There was a lot of that.  I love my family so very much.   See below for why.

Ava meeting cousin Emery.  You can tell that Emery is bursting with excitement, per usual.

Tripp meeting Big Lola.

 Cousin Lucy wondering why I'm interrupting her meal for a picture.  I know Ash is going to be thrilled that I've included this pic where she's not clothed and has no bow on.  Loooove you!

Aunt Julie and Neanie (Jean) introducing Emery & Lucy.

Emery considering using Nonnie's legs as a water slide.

Emery catching a siesta in the pool.  Aunt Jen will be so proud.

Stinky #1 mothering her babies, Stinky #4 & Stinky #5.  Emery looks disgusted and Lucy is like, "hey girlfriend- let me see that."

Women and 3 year olds alike find tractors sexy.

Bows are not a Kyle-approved accessory but goggles are.  Important life lessons.

Neanie and Lucy celebrating 6 months of being a hot Grandma.

Emery helping Grandpa order some Apple parts or something.

Mother duck feeding one of her babies.  Ryan wants her to move down here so he can put her on the payroll.

Princess paws sporting some new kicks.  If your dog's pads are also not made for the wild (or hot asphalt), you can procure these babies at Petsmart as well.

 I think Lola is pouting because she wanted to sleep by Nonnie.

Pawpaw Brady with Emery.  I love this picture.  :c)

Tripp caught a fish.  Not pictured:  this fish on the ground 5 seconds later.

Who, me?  Never.

I'd give that one a 10.  Perfect form, clearly.

 "Mayme, baby seeping."

 John helping us live off of the land.

You want me to what?  Get in there?

Aunt Jan gets a lot of texts.  Just ask her.

Cannonballlllll!

River monsters.

Daddy's going to buy a new shirt from Wal-Mart?  Haaa.

Grandpa catching a little siesta.  Emery set a good example for him.

John & Neenie riding the jeckskis.

Once again- Aunt Jan gets a lot of texts.

Lucy dining al fresco.  Casa Boarman is working on their 5 star accreditation.

Matt & John beckoning to the fish.

Ryan outsourcing parenthood to the real pro.

Every girl knows the importance of quality accessories.

Just getting a little morning stair stepping in.  All the vacay calories were catching up to her.

Photographic evidence that fish were caught.

Paul weeeeerkin' it.

Just a spirited game of family "Eukel" (Euchre).  Ryan's probably trying to go alone.  Again.

Trippy & his mama.

Uncle Tom in his element.

 I can think of no more appropriate last picture than one of food.  Shrimp, fish the boys caught and green bean casserole.  MMMMMM.

Up next?  Celebrating the stars and stripes like any true patriot- with Walmart and beer.  :c)

1 comment:

  1. The one of your Gpa and Em is fantastic, double chin and all!!

    ReplyDelete