Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bling is the New Black

In July my beautiful baby sister got engaged to her boyfriend David.  On September 21st we finally got around to celebrating properly.  With some assistance from some of her bridesmaids, and my own amazing Mama, we managed to pull off a backyard BBQ-type fiesta at my parent's house in Conroe.

With the fun factors combined of Julie's group of friends and our own, I knew that this party would be an amazing time.  I was certainly not disappointed.  I know Julie and David were humbled by all the people who went out of their way to make the trek up to Conroe- whether it was from South Houston or Austin- you truly made their week.  So thank you to each of you who made it out!  The bride & groom sure deserve it.

Between a husband who broke his hand on man-cation the weekend before and a baby who went to Urgent Care the morning of (ear infections), there is absolutely no way I could have put this all together without Caddy & Jimmy James' help.  Every day of my life I know that Matt, Julie & I were blessed with the best parents in the entire world, but on days when it seems like there just isn't enough of you to go around, I'm even more humbled by this knowledge.  So a very, very special thank you to my parents who are endlessly supportive, loving and helpful.

Yeah, yeah- enough blabbing and let's get to the pictures, right?  A mini-disclaimer first... I was a little frazzled and didn't do the best job of capturing everyone and everything I should have.  Hopefully I'll do a better job at the shower.  Love you JuJuBee!


On Friday night I learned Mama B has an untapped wealth of talent for flower arranging.  Maybe if this whole pharmacist thing doesn't pan out you can look into that, Caddy.


Please excuse the dirty plate on the table in the background.  Clearly I waited until after the festivities had started and THEN realized- shoot, I should probably take pictures.


My sweet Mama made some delicious brownie bites (Caramel & Mint).  I was the official taste-tester.  Tough job but someone has to do it.  (Note to any future party throwers- practice making hearts on a different surface before diving right in.  It's apparently more difficult than it was in first grade.)

The dinner spread.  There was another table of appetizers that got no photo air time.

The stunning bride and her favorite niece.

Julie's wonderful college friends, Leah, Laura & Lauren.

Austin appears to be the only one of the man contingent who got the memo that they should look at the camera.  Austin, Matt, Chris, David, Jonathan, Ryan & Brendan.

David's parents, Mr & Mrs Herndon.

Julie's friends' beaus posted up watching football.  Drew, E, Matt, Greg & Carl.

Grandpa, the professional paper lantern hanger, and his always-enthusiastic grand daughter.

MoMo, Julie, Caroline, Leah, Laura & Lauren.  Eat your heart out, TOPS.

David & Julie's best guy friend, Chris.

Matty making sure that none of that Shiner, or BBQ, went to waste.

Nothing good comes out of this pairing.  Please see exhibit A: the Claw.

You know how you know Jimmy James had the camera at this point?  No one is aware a picture is being taken.  He really missed his calling as a paparazzi.  I'm including this only because it's photographic documentation that David's sister, Lizzie, her boyfriend, Joel, my Mom & I were in fact at this soiree.

Brendan with his real family- Jakey & Melanie.  (That one is for you Jen).

If Jonathan & Ryan wrote a book it would be called "How to Parent without Dropping Your Beer."

After most of the party had left, the boys hung around to assist in Em's bed time routine.  As you can tell by her appeal to the camera for help, she's digging it.  Get used to it, little love.  Mel, Jen, Shawna & I have.

Emery wondering what it is Aunt Shawna sees in this silly man.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! And you got my name right this time haha jk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously hosted the best/cutest engagement party! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete