Friday, October 18, 2013

I Don't Think We're in Kansas...errr... Our 20's Anymore.

On October 16th my BFF turned 30.  For those of you keeping count, that means we have now been one another's real better halves for 19 years.  Kinda crazy, right?  Per ususal, Jen was dragging her feet about wanting to do anything to celebrate.  Some hullabaloo about other people being busy and what not.  Ridiculousness.  Obviously entering into a new decade, particularly one that rhymes with dirty, can't be glossed over.  In order to prevent this, Jen's sweet hubby had the brilliant idea to throw her a surprise party and enlisted my assistance.

You have to wake up pretty early in the morning, or just pump her full of good food & beverage, to be able to fool Jen.  Brendan opted for the latter and took her out to Americas while I gussied up the house and hung out with Jen's birthday fan club.  While waiting for the guest of honor's grand entrance we touched on such important topics as the many uses of lambskin, the pros and cons of yelling "give me your money" rather than "surprise," and  the creepiness factor of being seated at someone's dining room table alone in the dark when they arrive home.

After Jen got home we continued to discuss important current events including, but not limited to, new niche areas of photography and what living in the suburbs really means.  Oh, and on top of such riveting dialogue there was cookie cake, red wine, old school Nintendo and a foot race.  I couldn't dream up a better birthday celebration if I wanted to.  Thank you to everyone who was kind enough to make it out and thank YOU to Jen for being such an awesome sport.  Happiest of Birthdays, Gary!

Do you see what I did there?

30's Survival Guide.

Blowing up balloons is a lot more difficult than when I was 10.

I know it looks like I made this sign when I was drunk.  Shockingly, I was completely sober.  Definitely a reflection of my inability to draw straight lines.  It's the thought, right?

Shawna is better at taking pictures than me even with her iPhone.

I forgot to get flowers.  I also forgot to take a picture before people started eating.  Again.

Shawna, Melanie & sweet baby M.

Julie & I looking very jolly green with Melanie & Rashell.

Shawna demonstrating the proper way to pose.

For little old me?

Most likely she's this pumped we aren't singing anymore.

Nav, Austin & Jonathan demonstrating their manliness.

This thrilled for cookie cake?  Or being newlyweds?  I'll let you decide.

Intense Nintendo trash talking.

Melanie's look of concentration is pure awesomeness.

How else would you get back to your car if not in a 40 yard dash competition?  That's a wrap, folks.

2 comments:

  1. Best party everrrrrrr! :) Love you! - Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flirty 30 is much nicer than dirty. :-D

    Also, who won the foot race?

    ReplyDelete