Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Mooooooving On Up

A couple of Fridays ago (October 11th), on my way out of school after picking up Emery the front desk grabbed me and gave me the letter I'd been dreading receiving.  The following week Emery had to move classes.  At Em's school moving between classes is milestone-, and availability-based.  (I should probably insert here that these "rooms" are only separated by a half wall so the tale of heartache you're about to read is probably a tad on the dramatic side.  That doesn't make it any less real though!)  

The first milestone to change classes was mobility.  I have known this since we picked this school last November.  So since the day Emery started crawling I knew our number could get called at any moment.  This knowledge did not keep me from welling up when I read the letter though.  Nor did the clear understanding and acceptance of WHY this milestone was instituted (envision your child laying peacefully on the play mat, as my Babyzilla-esque child crawls right over them).   Nooooope.  Definitely still was super sad.  And kiiiiiinda weepy.  And kept randomly bringing it up to Ryan over the weekend in a completely dejected tone.  I'm such a mature, well-adjusted adult.  (Have I mentioned how accountants don't handle change well?)

So on October 15th, our tiny diva made the switch from Infant A to Infant B.  She appears to have had a stellar first week, and to no one's surprise, handled it far better than her Mama.  Her BFF in class made the move with her and they were both reunited with 2 little girls who are a couple of months older and made the transition a few weeks back.  I know in the end it's better for Emery as she needs more stimulating toys and things to look at.  That is what I will keep reminding myself of when I feel sharp pangs of nostalgia when I pick her up/drop her off and wave at her old teachers and look at her old crib. 

Also, despite knowing they do not read this blog, I would like to put it out into the universe that we are incredibly, incredibly thankful for all that her Infant A teachers did for her.  We could not have asked for better caretakers, teachers and leaders for our sweet baby.  We look forward to all that her Infant B teachers will teach her in the coming months- they definitely have some big shoes to fill.  We're proud of you, baby E!

On the left is the first day she went to Infant A at almost 3 months (for her trial run on May 29th) and on the right is her first day in Infant B at 7 months and some change (October 15th).  Isn't it mind-blowing how much she has changed???

Babyzilla in action.  Imagine your child was Sophie.  Perhaps it was time.

2 comments:

  1. Babyzilla is the best! Please make a production video set to lights and music. I see a blockbuster on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, was it to the East side?

    ReplyDelete