Monday, October 14, 2013

i(Phone) Spy: Month Seven - Emery

Well, well, well.  What have we here?  Mama posting a timely monthly update?!  What has gotten into me?  Who AM I?  (Don't get used to it.)

As you can tell from the pictures below, our little love bug has become very lively which makes for some awesome action shots.  Enjoy.  :c)


*exasperated sigh* Does ANYONE understand the plight of being me?!

Psssst.  Lola.  I am going to come get you.  And by "get" I mean stick my finger in your nose and get both you AND Mom all riled up.  Two for one!

Just trying to eat a bumblebee.  Nothing to see here.  Move along.

Not as jazzed up about her first Mother/Daughter shopping experience as I was.  Or maybe she has her father's Eeyore-ical nature.  We will get there.  It's in her blood!

That's more like it.  Staring in awe.  Reminds me of myself the first time I laid eyes on a shoe store.

This about sums up this month.  Limb moving so quickly you can't even capture it on camera.  I think she's half hummingbird.

Pssssst.  I'm gonna do it again.  (Lola looks ready this time).

When my 6 month picture outfit came in my Mom got so excited she put me in it backwards.  She immediately sent this picture to my Dad who called her a pageant Mom.  Whaaaat?

Obviously this month I really started exposing her to my interests.  Shopping & wine.

She would not make it as a hunter in the wild.  Subtlety is not a strong suit.  (That smile sure is cute though, isn't it?)

This one is my phone wallpaper.  Definitely one of my favorites to date.  Love her to pieces.

Ryan & I laugh because this month she's started to sleep like a little human.  She used to always ONLY sleep on her belly with her feet tucked up under her and her butt in the air.

I call this one: "How you realize your child has decided to start trying to pulling up."  

Our first pea experience was clearly traumatic.  You would think I was trying to spoon feed her poison.

So little.  So much anger.  (Still peas.)

Total outrage.

So tired after our 6 month shoot with Shawna that she passed out on the way back to the car.

HA!  Guess what Mom, I can pull up here too.

Jake, I will trade you one used water bottle for one firetruck.  It's the deal of a lifetime, trust me!

C'mon Nonnie- let's go get that water bottle!  Have you heard the noise it makes?!  Sensational!

Mama, you're killing me here.  Can't a girl just get a little alone time with a burp cloth?  It just doesn't...

... seem like too much to ask... OH!  A tag.  What were you saying?

Check this one off of the "I've pulled up on it" list.  Tiny, unstable side table- I'm coming for you next!

What did you call these?  Carrots?  Is that like Spanish for "orange peas" or what?  No dice.

You just go back in that closet and finish changing out of your work clothes Mom.  Nothing to see here...

Noooope.  Abbbbsolutely nothing to see.  (These promptly received outlet covers.)

Sleeping like a gangster.

Don't want to alarm you or anything Mom, but we just passed some carrots.  It's making me a little uncomfortable.

Seriously.  You see them over there?  Don't let them get any closer.  Sophie, shield your eyes.

This month we had to retire the swing.  Ironically, the most interest she has shown in it was upon its disassemblance.

Hey bear.  You're making this kind of rattle-y noise... you ok?

I'll go ahead and just try to eat that rattle right out of you.  What are friends for?

The rare pre-school smile.  Must have been feeling snazzy in her outfit that day.

Wait, wait.  Explain it to me again- you do what with this mitt?  (Thank you again Catherine!!!!)

Sitting up like a big girl while Nonnie, Grandpa & Mama have their last real meal before the stomach virus from h-e double hockey sticks hits.

Oh, she doesn't like veggies?  Try sweet potatoes- she'll love those.  That's what everyone said.

It appears not.

I love this picture of Em and Nonnie playing together.

Mom- get down here right now!  I want to tell you everything I plan to accomplish in my 8th month.  (Stay tuned).

And now, for the bonus videos.  Did you miss the ones I posted late last month?  Check them out here.  They're some of my favorites.

Was definitely crawling towards my Chi cord hanging down over the counter.  Powerful motivational tool that has since been removed.

Sweet peas are a misnomer to this kid.  Switch the color of the veggie and this is our evening every night around 7:15.

Hmmm... what should I test out my pulling up skills on?  The soft couch?  The soft chaise lounge?  Nah.  Think I'll go with this glass table.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Amy, for all your sweet comments on my blog! I love knowing you pulling for me as I wait out the rest of my pregnancy. I also love to read your updates about Emery here, and can't believe I'll soon have my own little ones to write about!
    Thanks again for all the good thoughts :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snazzy indeed! And gotta love monkeybutt.

    She's so fun to watch grow!

    ReplyDelete