Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Discussions with Daddy: Segment 5

So, you may be thinking to yourself- your blog is still in early June while the rest of the world is nearly in September.  Well little reader- that's a very astute observation on your part.  I have reached a hurdle.  The next BIG event (obvi) was my sister's wedding.  Your's truly did an abysmal job of photographing this occasion.  So I'm working on collecting photos from various resources to ensure that it ultimately gets documented with the visuals it deserves.  So HOLD YOUR HORSES - it's a-coming.  Then the flood gates will open and I'll get you caught up on this ever-expanding midsection of mine as well.

In the meantime, I just realized I forgot to give you all your quarterly insight into the Martin household via my Discussions with Daddy segment.  Alas, we WILL hit 4 posts in August, which is 4x more than I delivered in May and June.  At this point, you know the drill.  Without further interruption, here we have it:

  • (At dinner as she shoveled a variety of items that don't go together into her mouth.  I don't recall the exact items at this meal but recently this child put cheerios in refried beans.  So it's a common occurrence.)  "Do you think we need to get her taste buds checked?  I really don't think they're working."
  • (One night during bath time.  Em HATES water in her face but has not figured out the cause and effect of not putting her head back to avoid said water in her face.)  "I am pretty sure we just water boarded her.  I've never been through the process but that has to be it."
  • (After I was brutally rebuffed for a hug from our beloved daughter.  This is a daily event in our household.)  Me:  Do you think this child will ever love us?  Ryan:  I don't know.  I mean, she'll need a car one day so maybe.
  • (One evening when she accidentally tipped her cup over on the edge of her highchair tray.)  There ya go- pour some out for your baby homies.
  • (One morning while getting her dressed for school she was particularly fascinated with the fan.)  That's a fan, honey.  There are different kinds of fans- that's a ceiling fan but also Mama is a big fan of Daddy.  (Apparently they both live in their own worlds.)
  • (One morning while playing with her toys before school we heard an audible fart.)  Em, we gotta go.  Where there's thunder there's lightening and Daddy doesn't want to be around for the storm.
  • (One evening while brushing her teeth.  Emery HATES having her teeth brushed and it's a battle every night.)  Let's just give in.  Forget these teeth- they're a starter set anyway.

These crazy kids make my world go 'round.

No comments:

Post a Comment