Friday, September 19, 2014

Rehearsing Greatness: Herndon Edition

Hello my little crumpets!  I'm sure it will come as no shock to you that I have gotten distracted by about a million other things and thus this little corner of the interwebs remains grossly behind the times.  Don't worry though- I've gotten my increasingly large behind in gear and have started the process of collecting and organizing pictures of Julie & David's wedding.  Snaps?  Cookie(s)?  I think I deserve both.

As you may recall from Shawna & Austin's wedding, my philosophy on destination weddings is that there's absolutely no way to cram all the pictures and awesomeness of a week abroad into one measly post.  At least not one that you can digest in your lunch hour.  So I'll stick with what worked and break this bad boy down into 3 segments: (1) the rehearsal dinner, (2) the wedding and (3) the other stuff.  Today's topic?  The rehearsal dinner.

On Friday June 13th David's parents, Mr & Mrs Herndon, hosted a fabulous rehearsal dinner in a pavillion on the beach of the resort Julie and David got married at, the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, in Punta Cana.  As you might expect with a rehearsal dinner- funny speeches were made, much food was consumed, even more adult beverages were consumed, laughs were had and the evening's events also entailed a limbo contest and my Dad on top of a bar.  Let's suffice it to say that good times were most certainly had by all!  Basically it was the perfect celebration of the happy couple and we were very lucky to be a part of it.  Without further ado, let's skip to the pics of all the beautiful family and friends these two have, shall we?  (Side note: big thank you to my Dad for supplying pictures!  I was far too busy enjoying to be bothered with visual documentation.)

The beautiful bride mingling with her fans.

Uncle Tom & Aunt Jan.  My absolute favorite Hoosier Cowboy.

Aunt Jean & John.  They are our resident dancing queen/king.

Mr. Tom & Ms. Brenda.  If Emery & her sister get into as much trouble as the 5 of us did in our youth, I'm not sure I'd be traveling to a foreign land for them.  (Jk.  Maybe.)

The proud parents of the groom + their pride and joy.

My pretty cousin Lyndsie and my Uncle Gerry.  Yes, I promise that's him and not my Dad.

My cousin John and his wife Savannah.

Austin, Shawna & Dena.  Photographic evidence that at least 10% of Austin's time in PC was spent outside of the blackjack table.

Grampa Brady is and always has been the life of any party.  :c)

David's sister Elizabeth and her boyfriend Joel.

The prettiest little bride on the planet and her college friends Allie, Lauren & Caroline.  Photobomb courtesy of my attention-starved baby daddy.

Austin & Shawna.  One of these two isn't afraid of stingrays.  I'll let you guess which one.

Brendan & Jen.  Brendan only smiles that big when he knows there's unlimited food in his near future.

Bride & Groom's table.

Lots o' JuJu's college/HS friends.

Old (and wise and hot?) people table.

Bride's family & friends table.

Groom's family & friends table.

JJ's attempt at "capturing the whole room."

The other side of the room.

Toasting the man on top of the bar.  My guess is that each of these characters has been there before.

No comments:

Post a Comment