Monday, September 22, 2014

Happily Ever After: The Herndon Edition

On Saturday June 14th at 3:00 pm my gorgeous little sister married the man of her dreams.  Amidst the most gorgeous scenery you can imagine.  Surrounded by all of their incredible family and friends.  To say it was a perfect day would probably be the understatement of the century.  I have started typing and erased about a million different things a million different times.  Doing so has made me realize there really aren't any words for when your sister gets married.  Luckily her photographer captured a bajillion pictures that summarize all the sentiments that I seem to be falling short of expressing.

So, in lieu of me trying and failing miserably to express the air of celebration, love and absolute elation of the day, we'll just let the pictures say what I can't.  Thank you for letting me be a part of your best day yet, Jules.  I love you with all my heart.  All my best wishes to the newly minted Herndon family!

He get it from his Mama.

Hide your daughters, hide your wives.

The groom and his glowing parents.

I have the world's prettiest sister...

...And Mama.

This picture aches to be the cover of a bridal magazine.

And this one the centerfold.

Nothing says happy day like yellow flowers do.  Except maybe the Pharell song.

Love was totes in the air.  Just ask Will & Chris.  Girlfriends not pictured. Can't blame them- I disappear when Ryan gets all bromantic as well.

My dashing Grampa waiting with excitement.

SERIOUSLY hot mamas.

She really is Daddy's girl.  Please try not to read that in the Michael Brown voice though.

So we're doing this?  Yeah?

Signed, sealed, delivered.

Me, baby Bucket & Daddio.

Lauren playing Matt-swap.

The newlyweds and our Brady (Indiana) family.  We are nothing if not colorful.  Ok, maybe we are fun too.

The newlyweds and our Boarman family.  Less colorful equally as fun.

The Herndons and my incredible Grampa.

Boarman family expands by 1(.5).

The Herndon family.

The maids.

The men.

Group shot of errrrr'body.

Pretty much looks like a Saturday night dinner at the Martin household.  Only not at all.

Delish cake and guestbook.

Koozie favor always means you're at a fun wedding.

First dance.  Not pictured: the pyrotechnics that nearly caused half the bridal party to need to change their pants.

Father daughter dance.  :c)

Mother son dance.

Let there be cake!

Grampa and Aunt Jan.  My guess is that they are talking about how many texts Aunt Jan gets each day.

Nothing accentuates one's baby bump like having hot, skinny friends.  Thanks for nothing Jen & Shawna.

Tequila may make some people's clothes fall off.  Looks like for Chris it's jaeger.

Throw back Saturday to the bachelorette party.  Owning the dance floor.

The bromance continues.  At least Christine is visible in this photo.

This crew went to Tahiti, Bora-Bora, Moreia & the Dominican Republic together all within a month.  To be fair, if you had been responsible for the 5 of us, you'd have earned some serious vacation also.

Julie & a sampling of ex-roomies + Kara.  Kar, I bet Paul was having a glass of red wine at this very moment.

Lauren pointing out that this is clearly where Julie gets her dance moves.

"Siiiiiissssssssters" in the Ryan Martin voice complete with sorority squat.

I told you- life. of. every. party.

Hey.  Julie.  How much should I put on black?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to the happy couple, what a beautiful wedding! I like the photo with the onlookers from the resort swimming pool, haha!

    And btw, you look awesome in these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BeYOND stunning!!! Such great colors and a beautiful bride, to boot!

    ReplyDelete