Thursday, October 9, 2014

i(Phone) Spy: Months Sixteen through Eighteen - Emery

Yet another quarter of a year has gone by and despite my best efforts to convince her not to, my tiny pumpkin continues to grow.  As does her personality.  Enjoy the best my iPhone has to offer from this time frame.  Keep in mind when I say "best," sweet teenage Emery who's cursing me for adding some of these, that I strive to capture your personality as much as I do your best sides.  Besides, I'm your Mama and I do what I want.  Now go do your homework!

Dad!  These are not bananas.  Please direct me to the bananas.

Lady.  You think I don't know these are vegetables?  I could sit like this all day.  Show me the yogurt.

Does anything melt your heart as much as a Daddy/Daughter pic?  Not me.

Excuse me.  I don't take pictures of YOU while you're eating biscuits.  Don't distract Nonnie.  She's tearing them up for me.

Even when she's sick and looking forlorn, she's still pretty darn cute.

Rocking that side pony in a way her Mama never could.

HELLO?!  Why are you "ish"ing on the couch?  You know you need to get down on my level.

This picture kind of sums up the 18 month period.  You'll be happy to know she doesn't just save the drama for her Mama.  This one was captured by Daddy.  His offense?  Not letting her hold on to a paintbrush.  He's pretty cruel.

Oatmeal inspires some soul searching in even the youngest little ones.

Mama/Daughter(s) date to get froyo.  This was clearly pre-gestational diabetes.  Ignore the mark on her head.  Sometimes you fall into toy kitchens at school.  Things get wild.

Grocery shopping.  Everything was "mynah."

We are raising ourselves a classy one, ladies and gents.

Uhhhhh... what do you mean it's not Friday?

Playing peek-a-boo with Mama & Daddy.  And be "peek-a-boo" I mean popping out from behind the stairs and yelling "RAWR!"

We are awesome parents.  If you know her Daddy at all you can rest easy knowing those are empty and filled with pool water. 

Paw paw the child-whisperer.  Em doesn't get jealous or possessive of my Mom or I... just Daddy and Paw paw.

Legit the only Martin who is this excited in the morning.

Gah Dad.  I told you the water wasn't warm enough.  I swear if you want anything done right around here, you have to do it yourself.

Are you guys really going to let me play with this big stick?  I see what you're trying to do here and that's cute...

... but I'm probably just going to hit you with it instead.  Yup.  Decision made. 

You can never be too cautious when walking around.  You just don't know when you might run into a boiling pot of hot water you desperately need something out of.

It's so exhausting babysitting you adults all day.  (She definitely kicked Lola out of this bed.)

Flotation device?  Check.  Water shoes?  Check.  Sunglasses?  Check. Ridiculously oversized hat from Egypt?  Check.  Ready to go pick up some dudes at the pool.

Massive break down?  No way.  Don't believe it.  (Offense this day?  I think calling a halt to the how-many-pairs-of-"oosh"(shoes)-can-we-put-on-and-then-immediately-take-off game.  I hope one day she can forgive me.

Just want to squeeze her little cheeks.

I think burnt orange is her color.  Obviously an unbiased remark.

That's enough Mama-razzi.  Can we get back to watching my shows?  Thaaaaanks

2 comments:

  1. omg... she's just my favorite! I can't wait until a month or so to have TWO favorites! :) Double the favorites, double the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!!! She's getting so big!!! Also, I agree that burnt orange is her color. Goes well with her skin tone. She's going to maim you for the classy lady picture. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete