Thursday, October 30, 2014

Cel-e-brate Good Buckets - C'mon!

On Saturday September 27th, my amazing BFF/sister trio of Jen, Melanie & Julie threw a beautiful celebration to usher in baby Bucket.  Please note I am not referring to this as a shower or sprinkle because I was very against the idea of anyone going out of their way for me when I am 100% cognizant of the fact that people just did this for me fairly recently.  They sold me on it by calling it a celebration and promising that it would be small and mainly an excuse for close family/friends to grab some mimosas and desserts.  What pregnant lady is going to argue with dessert?  They also put on the invitation that presents weren't allowed.

Apparently none of my close family or friends reads instructions because there were indeed gifts.  While I am not happy with your lack of obedience, I know that sweet baby Bucket will be so thankful to have some things of her OWN that aren't being hoarded by her older sister, currently the Duchess of "Mynah" (mine).  Also, the hostesses with the mostestes (totally ignoring that on spell check) WAY out-did themselves.  As mentioned previously, it was sold to me as a small gathering with minimal effort.  I was imagining like a bottle of champagne, some red solo cups, OJ and a package of cookies from HEB because that is the kind of classy broad I am.  As you'll see in the pictures below, we had different visions and definitions of "minimal effort."

I had an amazing time and I really can't accurately put into words just how grateful and honored I feel to have the friends and family that I do.  Any time you have a major life event, it's beyond touching to have the people you love the most go out of their way to share in your excitement and to rally around you.  This was in some ways even more meaningful than my showers just because it was absolutely unexpected and completely unnecessary.  It was genuinely just because I have somehow surrounded myself with people who are far better and more selfless than yours truly.

So thank you, thank you, thank you to all who took time out of their busy lives to plan, attend or in any way be a part of this celebration of our dearest Baby B.  Very special thank you to Julie, Jen & Melanie for hosting.  You all truly made my day and rest-assured that I'm far more thankful than I could ever convey.  Sweet Bucket doesn't know just how lucky she is, but I most certainly do.  I love each of you!


These are not the red solo cups I envisioned.

How appetizing does this spread look?!  Again, this table > my vision of a plastic carton of HEB cookies.

Mmmmm.. pregnant people punch (i.e. no booze).

Little known fact- Jen invented the mimosa bar.  We confirmed it with my Mom.

Please note Melanie's use of buckets to hold utensils.

Angel food cake.  Surely this is foreshadowing of little miss' demeanor, right?

I obviously did not check my blood sugar this day.  Shhh, don't tell my doctor.

So.  much.  food.

Sweet guest book and gorgeous flowers.

My co-workers frans are more awesome than yours.  Leah came despite having an almost 1 month old at home!  How awesome does she look?

The best hostesses on the planet - Jen, Jules & Mel.

My Mama who continues to do WAY too much for me.  I really have some big shoes to fill with my sweet babies.

Grandma & Nonnie.  Love these ladies!

Grandma, Aunt Tiff & Cousin Kylie.

Kylie bear.  When did she get so big?!

Rule breakers!!!!

Itty bitty adorable socks for itty bitty adorable feet.  Unless she inherits her Dad's feet.  Then maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even notice the buckets before! How cute! And you deserve to be feted, my friend. You earned all this and MORE because you are so kind and generous yourself! Here comes baby Bucket!

    ReplyDelete