Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Brynn Tracker: Two Months

The Story
How, how, hoooow do I already have a 2 month old?  Are you picturing me stamping my feet and whining that statement?  You should be.  Perhaps another of my roommates is wearing off on me.

Practicing her form for tight rope walking.  You just never know what your parents are going to throw at you next.

I'd say it's been another wonderful month with our new bundle of very kicky joy.  I suppose first we should touch on those challenges and see where we stand and then hit the other stuff, eh?  First, the car.  Still hates it.  Ohmigoodness does she hate it.  Previously I said she wasn't as loud as Emery was.  She must have heard me because girlfriend stepped up her screaming game.  Mariah, she's coming for you.  We still have some, very short, car rides with no screaming.  For this to occur the following events must have taken place:  recent feeding, recent emptying of her stomach in the form of a #2, ample time cuddling with her mother prior to placement in car seat, and the moon to be in Pisces and the sun in Capricorn...  I jest.  The point is that it's rare.  Luckily I am aware that this will pass, eventually.  Now, if I could just convince her soon-to-be teachers at school who get to witness it daily when I pick up Emery.  I think they're shaking in their boots.

Practicing boxing form.  See above.  Mama is constantly trying to hand me off to others.

Next?  Sleeping on her own.  We've made some awesome progress on this front this month.  Probably 3 weeks into the month I told Ryan that I would make a deal with him.  If he could figure out how to rig our motion sensing AngelCare monitor in the pack n play that I would give her sleeping on her belly a shot.  He was clearly highly motivated and found a way to make it work.  Since we've been doing this she very reliably sleeps in the following pattern:  goes down around 11, sleeps between 4 and 5 hours, wakes up to eat, gets put back in for about 1.5-2 hours, gets up to eat again.  Usually at that point it's time for sister and Daddy to head off to school/work.  Typically Brynn and I will go back to sleep for about an hour and then she wants to eat again.  I normally wake up for the day then and she continues to nap intermittently until about 11 am.  Does that count as a schedule?  If so, we are totes on a schedule.  Haaaa.

Hey you up there.  Is this a lady-like pose?

New challenges this month, you ask?  Ohhh, there are some.  Remember last month when I said this kid was a bit of a Mama's girl?  She's become a very serious Mama's girl.  Her tolerance level for people who aren't me is fairly low.  The nail in the coffin for me in admitting this fact was that she was a total jerk for Nonnie.  NONNIE!  She's our resident baby whisperer.  At this point I'm now more worried about sending her to school for the first time than her sister.  Who'd have ever believed that would be the case?  On the one hand this challenge makes it tough for me to get things done or to have any me time, but truth be told- I'm pretty okay with it.  I know it won't last forever, so I am soaking it up as long as I can.  She won't always think cuddling on my shoulder is her favorite place in the world, or find my rendition of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star so calming.  She also, most likely, will not keep a death grip on my shirt even when she's asleep to ensure she knows if I move.  If she does, well I guess I'll enjoy doing high school for a second time.

Uh... yup, still can't roll over.  Just thought I would check.

Another very recent potential challenge is that this child is pretty unimpressed by the idea of taking a bottle.  Because we didn't have the weight issues with her (see stats below) that we had with Emery, she's never really had to have a bottle.  So we just... haven't really bothered with introducing them.  Clearly now that we've uncovered this recent issue it's time for some bottle boot camp before we send her off to school next month (ahhh- typing that brings tears to my eyes).

Practicing my Miss America wave.  In case the tight rope walking and boxing aren't successes.  Everyone needs a fall back plan.

I stated that this was a great month before covering challenges because it really was.  All the incredible things about Miss Brynn FAR outweigh the tough things.  For instance- those cheeks?  You scream all you want in the car Princess as long as you don't lose my very favorite location for kiss attacks.  I just can't get enough of that squishy goodness.  Oh and this month she started smiling and it turns out she has a perfect one.  It takes up her entire face.  It's absolutely impossible to look at her when she's smiling and not smile back.  I dare you to try.

If I don't look at them will it stop?

She continues to exhibit her baby cobra tendencies, but as her neck strength has improved over the course of the month, it makes it slightly less cobra-like.  It's still adorable though.  She is definitely our observer.  She sits and quietly looks around watching everyone and everything.  Miraculously her sister, who is typically getting way too close to her face, makes her smile about 90% of the time.  I know for sure that my heart can't explode, because it's still intact even after getting to watch them interact each day.

That pretty much sums it all up!   I truly can't wait to see what the next month brings... other than going back to work.  The mama is pretty torn up about that.  (Start planning Bux trips now Becca & Molly!)  I'm sure it goes without saying, but that's never stopped me before- we love our sweet Brynnie Booboo more than life itself.

Nope.  Looks like they'll just zoom in.

The Stats

  • Height at 6 weeks*:  23.75" (99th percentile)
  • Weight at 6 weeks*:  11 lbs 12 oz (88th percentile)
  • Head Circumference at 6 weeks*:  15.25" (93rd percentile)
  • Height at 2 months:24"
  • Weight at 2 months:  12 lbs 12 oz
  • Firsts:  (I forgot this one last month, so this includes some catch ups)
    • November 24th: First pediatrician appointment
    • December 1st:  First car trip with sister
    • December 2nd:  Lost her umbilical cord
    • December 3rd:  First bottle
    • December 18th:  First restaurant (with Mama to meet co-workers)
    • December 20th:  First smile on purpose
    • January 2nd:  First smile at Emery
    • January 3rd:  First nap in crib (VERY brief)
    • January 3rd:  First time in a restaurant as a family of 4
    • January 15th:  First time to sleep effectively in the pack n play (4 hours)
  • Diaper size:  1 but that's only because we have a lot left from our last Amazon shipment.  Truth be told I think she really should be in 2's
  • Clothes:  Mama really milked those 0-3 month clothes but I gave in and started putting her in 3-6 month clothes in late December
  • Feeding:  She's kind of all over the place but I would say between 1.5-3 hours during the day and then on the seemingly erratic schedule outlined above for at night
  • Sleeping:  See above  (4-5 hour stretch then 1.5-2 hour stretch)  Usually goes to sleep around 11 pm and "wakes up for the day" around 11 am
  • Favorite Games:  Looooves to pretend sit up or pretend to stand up, also loves just looking around
  • Favorite Songs:  Sadly she digs my singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and a handful of songs on the radio (love myself some Ed Sheeran)-  Means her musical taste can only improve, right?
  • Things Dropped on her in the Moby Wrap:  Goodness, so much - iced coffee, some granola bar, chocolate filled croissant (those are a real mess)
  • Other Notables:  This kid LOVES the TV.  Heaven help us.
The Princess getting ready for her close up.  As you can see, eating is not an issue at this stage in the game.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that last picture!! her pose and that belly are too precious!!

    ReplyDelete