Sunday, January 18, 2015

i(Phone) Spy: Month Two - Brynn

Stop the presses!  In all my months of doing these photo dumps, this might be the first one I've published on time.  Does this mean I'm growing as a person?  That I have a better handle on my life?  That I deserve a medal?  Haaaa.  No.  If you want to send me a cookie though, please feel free.

You know the drill.  Here are way too many pictures of my tiniest adorable roomie, who turned 2 months old today!

You know.  Just casually lounging on my boppy. Making adorable faces at my Mama.  This is how I make her forget allll about how hard it is to sleep with a very long, kicky baby on her chest at night.

What were you saying?  I just can't seem to take my eyes off this blue bird.  Has it always been there?  So fascinating.

Is there a 12 step program for taking pictures of Daddy sleeping with kids on his chest?  If so, sign me up.

It looks like she's screaming, but she's yawning.  Emery's class Christmas party wasn't nearly as exciting to her as to big sis.  Maybe it was the lack of icing?

Mom, do I look pensive?  I was going for pensive.

My little belly sleeper taking a nap while I stare at her to make sure she's still breathing.  This actually defeats the purpose of putting her down but whatever.

Look- I got an arm out, sucka!  (Thinking she's funny is a Ryan gene for those keeping score.)

Getting ready to go to the pedi.  Is there such a thing as too many stripes?  Apparently I don't think so.

This is how she looked when we got her out of the car at the pediatrician.  It prompted Ryan to let me know that she's not a parrot and thus just because we cover her eyes doesn't mean she'll go to sleep.  How would I do this parenting thing without him?

It's a hood.  I didn't pop her collar, I promise.

Hanging out with Mama on Christmas Eve.  Watching Sons of Anarchy.  Quality programming for children of all ages, right?  (Don't worry, big sister was in bed.)

This outfit from Aunt Jen & Uncle Brendan gets her so amped up she could just do a jig.

I'm farting allll over you and there's nothing you can do about it.  (Another Ryan gene.)

She doesn't have nearly as many variations of facial expressions as her big sister did but she has the thoughtful look on lock down.

So... you're saying that my eating every 20 minutes ISN'T how you want to spend the day?  I'm confused.

I found the UT bowl game equally as shocking, doll face.

One of the first really quality smiles I caught on camera.  Kinda contagious, isn't it?

The day I decided I needed to give in and put her in 3-6 month clothes.  I GUESS having your limbs restricted could get old.

First time "out to eat" as a family of four.  I put that in quotes because we just went to get coffee and muffins as an afternoon snack.  Ryan & I are NOT that ambitious.

When did my lovebug turn into a full blown infant and not just my tiny, squishy newborn?!


You know Mom, I see what you mean.  Those Property Brothers ARE pretty awesome.  I'll take Drew, you can have Jonathan.  (Kid loooves the TV.)

 Puppy dog eyes in a cat shirt.  Pleeeease pick me up!

Hey bunny, what do you think you're looking at?!

So... those luscious locks are falling out.  At a rapid pace.  In a very laughable pattern.  Fingers crossed that the mul-hawk becomes a thing. 

So we're going to Pappadeaux, huh?  How long do you think I'll let you sit down for?  2 minutes?  5 minutes?  Long enough to scarf down food?  We'll see how generous I feel when we get there. (It was about 5 minutes.)

Brynn is taking her resolution to help her Mama lose weight to heart.  We go on a walk together every day at lunch.  Lately it's been too cold to do it outside, so we've been hitting up Target.  We have an unspoken agreement that she sleeps and I get a coffee.  She wasn't holding up her end of the bargain this day.  (I know the Moby wrap needs to be pulled up- wiggle worm really moves that thing around.)

I just want to squeeze those cheeks!  I'll be so sad the day she grows into them.

The Bachelor?  So this is what you and Dad were laughing at so much while I was inside?  Even I'm judging you.

I was singing "Twinkle, twinkle little star."  True Story.  Future American Idol judge?

I was trying to get a good shot of her pretty lashes.  I failed but you can at least see her adorable little nose.

She may hate tummy time but she's getting pretty good at it.

Psssst, sis.  I appreciate this sharing thing, but I can't control my arms yet.  Whaddya say you  do me a solid and put that cracka in my mouth, huh?

1 comment:

  1. The parrot comment definitely earned an LOL in the office. Thanks for that! Her smirks are awesome, her faces adorable and her cheeks may always be that big and cute so cheer up! That burlap bow is awesome, also.

    ReplyDelete